The Best Sugar Cookie Recipe Ever
- 1 1/2 cups powdered shugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
Royal Icing Recipe
- 1 lbs powdered sugar
- 5 TBS meringue powder or 2 egg whites
Mermaid Cookie Pop Tutorial
- To make the mermaid pops start by adding the lollipop sticks to the cookies. To do this take some royal icing and pipe it onto the back of the cookie and press the stick in. I like to use a knife under the free end of the stick so it lays flat against the cookie. Allow to dry completely.
- I like to break the design up by section and do all of one color at a time. I like to start with white when using it. I have used both liquid food coloring and gel food coloring without issue. Start by separating a small bit of icing and adding a small amount of coloring and tweak until you get your desired color.
- I put it in a pastry bag with a small decorating tip and start by outlining the area for that color and then I fill in the outline.
- If you want to add sprinkles like I did wait for the other colors to dry and then add the sprinkles while the icing is still wet.
- I used edible glitter stars as hair accents to do that just place them carefully on the icing while it's still wet. Allow to dry completely before moving or storing.
- Artsy Fartsy Mama: Printable Nautical Thank You Cards
- Cupcake Diaries: Cookie Oysters
- Not Picture Perfect: Summer Party Games
- Events to Celebrate: Decorations for a Swim & Splash Party
- Dessert Now Dinner Later: Blueberries & Cream Pie Parfaits
- Homemade Toast: Sea Salt Scrub
- The Bucket List Girl: Tillamook Ice Cream Sandwich
- Clarks Condensed: Summer Fruit Cobbler
- Like Mother Like Daughter: 7 Layer Dip
- Our Thrifty Ideas: Party Pleasing Potato Salad
- Rae Gun Ramblings: Mermaid Cookie Pops