The following post is part of Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft stores Paper Crafted Christmas campaign. I received compensation for this post but all opinions are 100% my own and I’m excited to share!
My name is Marissa and I’m a craft supply addict. I buy all sorts of craft supplies and even though I’ve never totally caught the scrap booking bug I have a crazy stash of scrap booking paper. It’s because Jo-Ann Fabric and Crafts always has it on sale seriously it’s totally not my fault. But this time of year I’m always looking for great gift and wrapping ideas like these cute Christmas paper pouches.
Some times I just want to give a gift card but want to make it a little more special and other times a little trinket or handful of treats just seems like the right gift. And if you want to make your own here’s my super easy Christmas paper pouches tutorial.
What You Need
- Scrap Book Paper (I used paper’s from DCWV‘s Christmas & Winter Stack)
- Basic Christmas shapes (I used my Cricut but you can can easily free hand or draw your own)
- Trims like buttons, rick rack, pom poms or other embellishments
What to Do
- Cut your shapes out. I did a simple search on Cricut Craft Room and cut the shapes on my Cricut but it’s just as easy to freehand or download coloring pages for basic shapes. Make sure if you have a shape that isn’t symmetrical on the left and right (like the stocking) to cut a front and back piece.
- Aline your pieces and with a long stitch (I used 3.5) sew around the edge connecting the two. Leave a generous opening to fit your gifts or treats inside.
- Fill with your goodies.
- Finish sewing around.
- Gift with pride!
Your friends and family will have a blast ripping into these puppies and they are so cute and fun to give. Be sure to check back in next week when I’ll be sharing how to make those cute festive hair pins.
Also the folks from Jo-Ann Fabric and Crafts have generously shared a coupon for 50% off one regular priced item. Happy Crafting!