Light Up Harry Potter Wand Tutorial
- Pen Light
- Glue (it's probably easiest to prep at home and use a hot glue gun)
- Paint and paintbrushes
- Mod Podge
- Washi Tape (or painter's tape)
- Disassemble your pen light. If it has a clip like mine did remove it.
- Draw some bumps and ripples with fast drying glue. I used hot glue but if you want to do all of it out in the wilderness any other glue that drys fast and firm will work you just might have to do it in two steps to allow for one side to dry.
- Cut a small circle out of washi tape and put it over the bulb. It's ok if it goes a little past the bulb.
- Paint the outside of the pen with paint of your choice. Allow to dry. If an parts need to be touched up (you know from drying) you can do that. Make sure the coat is relatively thin around the button area so it doesn't get stuck.
- Add a coat of Mod Podge for durability.
- Once dried go off and do some magic or at least find your way back to your tent in the dark!
I hope you're loving all the Harry Potter tutorials just as much as I am. Check back in later today for a round up of more guest posts!