I've had a lot of people ask me about my Harry Potter nails as they've spied them over the last two weeks of Happy Harry Potter so I thought I'd share a tutorial.
They are super detailed but the best part is that I use a technique called nail stamping where you don't need any artist painting skill at all to achieve the super fun designs.
Nail stamping is relatively easy although there is a small learning curve for getting the right pressure but after a try or too you can get super awesome looking nails in a snap.
Check out the video tutorial to see exactly how it works.
- Base Coat
- White Nail Polish (Let it Snow by Sally Hansen)
- Gray Nail Polish (by Color Club)
- Nail Stamping Friendly Top Coat
- Black Stamping Polish
- Red Stamping Polish
- Harry potter Nail Stamping Plate
- Scraper (although you can use an old gift card)
- Double Headed Stamper
- Matte Top Coat
- Clean Up Supplies (acetone, cotton pads, clean up brush, tooth pick, paper towel)
- Apply a base coat to each nail.
- Paint your nails either white or gray.
- Stamp your nails. For a more detailed tutorial and list of tips tricks and where to buy supplies since my very extensive intro to nail stamping article.
- Apply a nail stamping friendly top coat.
- Apply a matte top coat.
- Pick up your wand and cast some awesome spells!
And don't forget to go enter the HUGE Harry Potter Giveaways!