I think I was born in the wrong era. I would love so much for my days to be filled with reading in a beautiful flower garden. Cents of Style Floral Skirt is a little more realistic for me. The print is so vibrant it's almost as good as sitting right in a rose garden, almost.
Click on the book titles to read the official description of of each!
- A Study in Charlotte - YA Detective - You guys this follows Charlotte Holmes and Jamie Watson, descendants of THE Holmes and Watson. The college aged counter parts are hilarious, Charlotte has the same vices as her ancestors and the detective tale pulled me right in and was so entertaining. The second book just came out and I can't wait to read it although the first book totally stands on it's own. I hope there are many many of these.
- Flawed - YA Dystopian - I LOVED this book. It took me back to the good old dystopian days with a feel of Delirium and Divergent (but without those awful endings). In this world you have to be perfect. If you make a lapse in moral judgement you're branded (yup with an iron branded) and labeled as flawed and you are subjected to different rules. That means there is no learning from mistakes, at least not publicly. Just read this it was GOOOD.
- Frost Like Night (book 3 of the Snow Like Ashes series) - Fantasy - If you want to get wrapped up in a completely different world I adored Frost Like Night, the final book in the Snow Like Ashes trilogy. I did love the whole trilogy which takes place in a world that is divided up into seasons each season is a different realm. There is a crazy amount of action and fighting and magic tied into the different seasons.
- The Problem With Forever - Contemporary - Confession I'm not quite done with this but it has already grabbed me so hard I didn't want to leave it off. Mallory hasn't seen Rider in years despite growing up together on the same bad side of the foster system. It's been 4 years since that awful night and so many things have changed. This has everything a teen book should, cute boys, great drama, mean girls, parental issues, awesome friends, and some real conflict. I can't wait to finish it.
- The Diabolical - YA Sci-Fi - Nemesis was created to be a protector and now she finds herself having to pose as her charge in order to save her life. While undercover though nemesis finds herself in the middle of a twisted political scheme. This was a great dose of Sci-fi, great villains, and relationships. There's something about it that reminds me of Levana and the Lunars from Marissa Meyer's Lunar Chronicles while being totally different and it's own story.
- Anne of Green Gables - Can you believe I haven't read this before? I was totally smitten this is a PERFECT book to escape into for a light entertaining read. I listened to the audiobook and it was fabulous. Full of spunk and character Anne isn't your typical girl but she tries her best to be good. Love her silly conundrums and sweet heart.
- The Serpent King - YA Contemporary - While this book isn't all rainbows and sunbeams there's something about it that really grabbed me. The story follows a group of small town friends with some heavy struggles. Things from not fitting in to living in the shadow of some pretty awful parents the kids are great friends.
- The Chemist - Ex- Spy Story - This is way more The Host Stephanie Meyer that Twilight Stephanie Meyer and it was good. It was full of adventure with some really fun characters who find themselves running from their former employers. It's full of fantastic actions, great characters and even some great romance. Plus it's a solid standalone so perfect for a weekend binge reading session or to take along on a trip!
- A Torch Against the Night (book # 3 of Ember in the Ashes) - Dystopian/Light Fantasy - Fans of Hunger Games you'll love this finished series. Obviously start with book one, but these books have been my favorites that I have read over the last year. Such an interesting unique story about kids trained to become ruthless militia tied in with some crazy fantasy and lots of intense action. The characters are amazing and the story is so fun I loved these.