Today I'm sharing an easy and fast Easter Cadbury Egg Snack Mix recipe. The base of the recipe is from my family's favorite chex mix recipe but I've changed a few things and added some Easter flair including those delicious mini eggs to make things a little more festive!
- 4 cups Corn Chex or Crispix
- 2 cups Pretzels
- 3 cups Honey Teddy Grahams
- 1/2 cup cashew pieces (optional)
- Cooking Spray
- 3/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 6 TBS light corn syrup (Karos)
- 3 TBS butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1C Cadbury Mini Eggs
- Easter Sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 250 F
- Combine first 4 ingredient on a jelly roll pan (I like these because the lip keeps the stuff from falling off when you stir). I found it was easier too leave it mounded (not spread out) for the next step.
- Combine brown sugar, corn syrup, and butter in a small saucepan; cook over medium heat 2 minutes or until sugar and butter melt, stirring constantly. You don’t want to cook it so long that it thickens because then it’s harder to coat all the pieces. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla and salt. Immediately pour syrup mixture evenly over cereal mixture, tossing quickly to coat well.
- Bake at 250F for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Have your sprinkles open and ready when you pull the cookie sheet out as the mix cools fast. Sprinkle generously then spread warm snack mix in a single layer on wax paper to cool.
- Break cooled snack mix apart.
- When ready to serve or gift add in remaining ingredients.
- Store in an airtight container.
Be warned this mix will go fast. If I'm making it for a party or road trip I usually double the recipe because people goggle it up.
I'm excited to be sharing this as part of a National Craft Month celebration hosted by 100 Directions. I really can't resist Fun Food I think it's because it happily combines my cooking and crafty sides. I really can't resist Fun Food I think it's because it happily combines my cooking and crafty sides.
This cookie dough recipe is one of my favorites it tastes great and cuts out shapes wonderfully. When you add the suckers they give the cookies a fun little stained glass window effect and of course you have the built in handle!
World's Best Sugar Cookie Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- Food Coloring (I like this gel kind)
- Lollipops (I've used Trader Joe's suckers as well as these mini ones)
- Mix flour, baking soda and cream of tartar in a small mixing bow.
- Cream sugar, butter, egg, vanilla, almond extract together with a mixer in a separate bowl.
- Add dry ingredients and mix well.
- If wanting to dye the dough separate out into groups. Add a food coloring until you reach your desired color. I do it in the mixer starting with the lighter color but if you're doing very different colors it might be worth wiping down or even washing the bowl and paddle in between since sometimes small bits of food coloring isn't obvious.
- Divide into at least 2 balls. If you're coloring them you're probably good this is just so you can work with a smaller amount of dough at a time.
- Refrigerate at least 2-3 hours.
- Roll out dough as thin as you can and layer the second color on top. It's okay if it doesn't come up in a nice sheet it will still look fun. Roll into a long tube. Cut arosss to make discs. Press down with a rolling pin and roll a until it's barely bigger than your cookie cutter. My discs were about 1 inch thick. And then you want to make it about 1/4 an inch thick before you are ready to cut.
- Cut in desired shapes.
- To make the pops lay a lollipop on top of your cookie, no need to press just lay it where you want.
- Bake at 375 F for 7-8 minutes.
I love how the hard candy melts and makes kind of a glass center in the cookie. The kids think these are the coolest too!
You also might like these posts:
The best trick for perfect chocolate covered strawberries.
Great tips for new moms, share with your pregnant friends.
Get's crispy and tastes like deep fried chicken but just cooked in the oven with a tiny bit of butter.
- foam wreath (I found mine at the dollar store)
- sheet of moss or loose moss (I used a 40% off coupon for the sheet but if you're up for more mess and work you can find loose moss at the dollar store)
- glue gun