This is such a speedy project even brand new beginners should be able to do this in under 30 minutes! This is easy and fast enough you can make one before you head out to watch the fireworks!
What You Need
- Headband and Leaves Pattern (download for FREE)
- Scrap Fabric (headband piece needs long length about 2″ x 44″
- Scrap Fabric for Flower and Leaves
What To Do
- Tear or cut headband base. I like mine to be 2 inches wide or a little less by 44 inches long.
- Cut out leaf pieces according to pattern.
- Round ends of headband base. The pattern has a cutting guide for this.
- Sew around edges of headband base.
- Position leave pieces. I like mine to be slightly off center since I don’t want the flower to be smack on top of my head. Check in the mirror and adjust as needed.
- Sew on leave pieces.
- Form flower piece by twisting and folding fabric until you achieve your desired look. On the polka dot one I twisted more and on the solid one I folded more.
- Pin flower.
- Sew flower on. You can randomly sew if you want but I liked the results best when I sewed in a sort of spiral motion.
- And your done. Super easy right?
I love these for these scrappy fabric headbands for those Summer days when you just want your hair up and off your face. I’m wearing mine today as I BBQ hop and hang out in the heat waiting for the fireworks to start. I love how it looks with ponytails as well as with messy claw clip quick do’s.
I was so honored when Rachel from Family Ever After told me I was a sewing crush of hers and asked me to be a part of her fun sewlebrity crush series.This post was originally shared as a part of that series on 7/4/2012.