Looking for some easy cute stocking stuffers or just a way to sport a little Christmas cheer without the commitment of whole crazy outfit? I’ve got a super easy 5 minute Christmas hair pin tutorial. It’s the perfect little something for the person you want to give something to but don’t really have a budget for. Also you can use this technique to make non-Christmas hair clips year around.
What You Need
for the hair clips
- Scrap book embellishments
- Scraps of felt
- hair pins
- hot glue
for the backing
- Scrap book paper
- Xacto knife (or something similar)
- Paper Punch
What to Do
- If your scrap book embellishments have foam adhesive backing scratch it off with your nail. I found these cute ones at Jo-Ann Fabric and Crafts from DCWV. If you’re headed to Joanns be sure to grab this 50% off coupon to save a little!
- Next cut your felt pieces so that they are barely smaller than the embellishments.
- Slide a piece of felt between the ends of the hair pin.
- Think about which direction you want your clip to go then add some hot glue to your felt and attach your scrap book embellishment.
- And your hair pins are done!
- To make cute paper backing perfect for gift giving take some scrapbook paper, I used a sheet from DCWV’s Christmas & Winter Stack. With a paper punch cut a cute shape.
- Then take a blade (I’ve also used a rotary cutter in a pinch) and make two slits.
- Then slide the hair pin in and you’re good to go!