Do you guys know Rachel of Lines Across well earlier this year she launched Let’s Wrap Stuff, a website devoted to all things gift wrap related. To celebrate its launch, Rachel challenged me and some other blog friends bloggers to come up fun gift wrap ideas using brown paper. I love how simple that is and how many super different ideas that produced.
For my project I made these simple Holly Wood Ornaments that you can use as gift tags. You can either write your recipient’s name on the back or add a name to the front for a personalized name tag/ornament before you start mod podging. After that just wrap it up with your simple wrapping and string and you’ve got a cute package. To learn how to make them scroll down.
But before we get to my tutorial here’s a peek at what everyone else did! Aren’t all the ideas so great!?
1. Pom Pom Ice Cream Cone Gift Wrap by Let’s Wrap Stuff
2. Embroidered Wrapping Paper by Lines Across
3. Holiday Lights Gift Wrap by Burlap and Blue
4. Printable DIY Watercolor Gift Tags by Dawn Nicole
5. Chalkboard Painted Wrapping Paper by The Winthrop Chronicles
6. Let it Snow Neighbor Gift Printable by Ginger Snap Crafts
7. Upcycled Cardboard Gift Tags 3 Ways by Eat. Sleep. Make.
8. Kraft Paper Gift Card Envelope Printables by Delia Creates
9. Make + Give Christmas Tree Gift Topper by Make and Tell
10. DIY Wrench Wrapping Paper by Maker Mama
11. DIY Stamped Trees Gift Wrap by Shaken Together Life
12. Brown Paper Packages by Delineate Your Dwelling
13. Yarn Tassel Gift Wrap 2 Ways by Hands Occupied
14. Holiday Writing with Washi Tape by Club Chica Circle
15. Glitter-Dipped Gift Tags by The Thinking Closet
16. Coffee Container Christmas Gift Tags by Simply Kelly Designs
17. Gift Wrapping Ideas by C.R.A.F.T.
18. Holiday Gift Wrap Ideas by Making Home Base
19. Sewn Brown Paper Gift Card Gift Giving by Dream a Little Bigger
20. Chalkboard Gift Tag & Ornament by Tried and True
21. Easy Holly Ornament Gift Tag by Rae Gun Ramblings
22. Printable Hand-Lettered Christmas Tags by Persia Lou
23. Christmas Gift Wrapping Ideas by Eighteen25
24. Washi Tape Christmas Tree Gift Card Box by That’s What Che Said
The holly gift tag ornaments are so easy to make. I had everything to make them on hand at home and I threw it together in less than 15 minutes!
What You Need
- 3×2 Wood pieces
- Holly Cut Out (I cut them out on my Cricut but you can free hand them too)
- Mod Podge and brush
- Crochet String
What To Do
- Cut your holly out.
- Punch a hole in your wood piece (or if you don’t have a punch strong enough you can drill a hole)
- Paint on a thin layer of mod podge and arrange your holly pieces.
- Add another layer of mod podge over the paper holly.
- Sprinkle with glitter. If you want you can add another layer of mod podge.
- Thread in the string and hang.
This is so easy and you can use any paper cut out to make a bunch of different designs!