Some times you need a goofy little festive project. This quick fabric turkey headband is the perfect quirky little project for Thanksgiving.
It’s a darling little accessory that can make even a solid colored shirt look festive! It’s so easy and a great little scrap busting project based off of my Scrappy Rosette Headband tutorial.
What You Need
- Fabric scraps
- Main Fabric
- Tail Feather Fabric
- Turkey Body Fabric
- Cutting Template (download for free here)
- Red Rick Rack scrap
- Small Yellow fabric scrap for beak (knit or felt works great)
- Googly Eyes
- Tacky Glue
What to Do
- Cut the fabric headband piece according to the template.
- Sew around the edges with a 1/4 inch seam allowance.
- Cut out tail feather pieces using the left template.
- Arrange feathers and sew onto headband.
- Twist body fabric into a rosette. Sew down in spiral.
- Glue on eyes, waddle and nose.
- Tie on and wear with pride!
So fun right? And I think it works for adults and kiddos and girls and boys!
You also might like: