You guys I am so excited for the Ready Player One movie. Seriously it’s one of my very favorite books. It’s one of the few books I’ve re-read so naturally I needed a DIY Ready Player One shirt.
What You Need
What to Do
- I created acharacter name file that you guys can use to save you some time. You should be able to resize it easily if you want! I used my Cricut Maker and it cut it perfectly but a Cricut Explore would also do the trick.
- Lay down the plastic side of the HTV and set the machine to Iron-On.
- Before you cut make sure to toggle so it will cut the design as the mirror image.
- Weed the image (remove the negative pieces so you just have the letters).
- Position on your shirt with the carrier plastic.
- Using an iron or Cricut EasyPress press your shirt or front bodice piece of fabric to remove any moisture or wrinkles.
- Position. your vinyl with the plastic side UP.
- With the EasyPress up to temperature (just go by the directions on your vinyl to set the temp). Press the vinyl to the shirt with a little pressure. I do this on my homemade pressing board but anything that’s firm and heatproof (like a table with a thickly folded towel) will do.
- Starting slowly at a corner peel the plastic off (stop and reheat if it seems like the vinyl has not fully adhered to your fabric/shirt).
- Put on and flaunt your geekiness!
And when you’re done with your shirt and wishing you were reading Ready Player One for the very first time, check out my book list of Must Read Books for Ready Player One Fans to help you through such a dark time ;)