I’ll make this Broccoli Slaw to have for lunches, as a meal in itself, or for a side with rotisserie chicken. It’s super yummy. Also you can make it ahead and it holds up well so it’s a great option for potlucks and picnics. Besides that it is SO quick and easy to through together.
The BEST Broccoli Slaw Recipe
- 1/4 C Veggie or Light Olive Oil
- 1/8 C White Vinegar
- 1 TSP Sugar
- 1/8 tsp Pepper
- Packet Ramen seasoning that comes with the noodles (see seasoning pack substitution below)
- 1 Pack Ramen Noodles (uncooked and crushed) (see Whole30 substitution below)
- 16 oz Shredded Broccoli/Broccoli Slaw
- 1/2 C Slivered Almonds
- 4 Green Onions sliced
What To Do
- Mix the first 5 ingredients together to make the dressing.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and toss.
- You can serve it immediately or keep it up 2-3 days. I like to wait at least a couple of hours to eat it. The longer you wait the softer the noodles will be. It’s just a matter of preference.
And just so we can all laugh this is a peek at what the original photos for this recipe looked like. It was always yummy but eep the pictures were so ugly!!
Even Healtier Substitutions!
- Now a days I’m a little wary of that Ramen packet so I have been substituting the ramen seasoning pack for a combo of salt, garlic powder, and onion powder to taste.
- I enjoyed this while doing the Whole 30 eating plan by substituting the seasoning pack as described above, swapping the noodles for 1/2 C compliant roasted sunflower seeds, making sure to use a compliant oil, and swapping the sugar out for 100% juice (I tried both passion fruit and apple juices and they both worked great)