Hey all I’m sharing my tutorial for these fun Butterfly Wands over at Southern Lovely today. I hope you’ll hop on over and check it out.
If you’re visiting from Southern Lovely welcome! I hope you’ll hang out a while and take a peek around. Here are a few spots to check out if you need a place to start.
- If you’re a fan of The Hunger Games I just finished up a 3 week long blog party with tons of HG related posts, giveaways and tutorials. Some of the giveaways are still open. You can find the posts that were a part of the party here.
- I went on a huge cheesecake making kick and if you’re looking for something special to make for Easter you might want to check out my Cheesecake factory knock off of their White Chocolate Blueberry Cheesecake.
- I’ve had a lot of fun decorating my house (or starting to at least) and I’m especially proud of these Big Bow Pillow Cases I made.
- Finally I’d love to see what you’ve been up to I hope you’ll link a few of your posts to my current What We Wore and Made Link party.
updated: tutorial originally shared on Southern Lovely reposted below
Today I want to share a tutorial on how to make awesome Felt Butterfly Wands. We made these for my niece’s butterfly themed birthday party and all the kiddos loved them.
What You Need
- Wooden Dowls
- Green Spray Paint
- Pipe Cleaners
What to Do
- Spray paint the dowls green.
- Make yourself a butterfly wing and body pattern. I just free handed it. Cut out your felt pieces (you’ll need 2 wing bases, wing details 2 sets (one for each wing) and 1 body for each butterfly).
- Sew the wing details onto one wing base.
- Sew the wing base front (the one with the detailing) to the wing base back leaving an opening at the bottom to put the stick in.
- Sew on the wing body leaving an opening at the bottom for the stick.
- Cut pipe cleaner pieces and fold in half to form a V. Sew the pipe cleaner on the head side of the body piece (I did this on the machine just going back and forth a few times)
- Curl the antennae with your fingers.
- Slide in stick (once paint has dried).
- Add ribbon and glue in place with hot glue gun.
- Hand to the kiddos and enjoy.
Thanks so much Lindsay for having me! And if any of you try out the tutorial or have any questions I’d love you to let me know. I hope you’ll stop by and say hi.
JOIN THE COOL KIDS
Get quick and easy recipes + crafts straight to your inbox!
I love these butterflies! Very lovely! Liz
Kathryn Pepper says
These are super cute! Plus, I’m really sad all of your Hunger Games hype has now died down because I’m just now super excited about it. Oh well :) Thanks for linking up!!
Amanda @ The Little Giggler says
These are so cute! I’ll definitely be making one for my daughter! I’d love if you would link this up to my party. :)
Shannon @ Cozy Home Scenes And Cozy Home Kitchen says
Those butterflies are really cute, and I love the bright colors! Thank you so much for joining me at Your Cozy Home Party!
Lady Behind The Curtain says
Wow! These would be perfect for a butterfly theme party! Would you come over to Cast Party Wednesday and share your party ideas with us?
Thanks, I hope to see you there!
Jenny Melrose says
Gorgeous! I love the colors and the tutorial was great! I host a weekly link party and I’d love for you to stop over and link up your latest projects at http://www.thenymelrosefamily.blogspot.com/2012/04/whimsy-wednesdays-5.html. I’m following via gfc and bloglovin.
Tara @ Tales of a Trophy Wife says
Love these wands! My three-year-old would go crazy for one of these. Time to start crafting! Thanks for linking up.
Betsy Pool says
Very cute! Love these!!
Thanks for linking up to Romance on a Dime!
These are too cute! I know some little girls who would LOVE them. If you get a second, I’d be so thrilled for you to share them here:
Lisa ~ The SweetTalk Shop says
Those are really really cute. You are so creative!!
Rose Jesky says
Thanks for sharing at the Sunday Round Up.
Rose @ http://www.arosiesweethome.com/
Very beautiful!! Thank you for sharing at Sharing Saturday!!
Six Sisters says
These are so cute! Perfect for a little girl butterfly party! We are so glad that you linked up to our “Strut Your Stuff Saturday.” We hope you’ll be back soon! -The Sisters
Just wanted to let you know this post is featured at http://craftymomsshare.blogspot.com/2012/04/sharing-saturday-16.html as the most clicked post from last week’s Sharing Saturday! I hope you will stop by and grab a Featured button. Have a great weekend!!