I just wanted to let you all know that I’m sharing a tutorial on how to make a fun monster gift card holder today over at The Ivy Cottage.
For those of you visiting from The Ivy Cottage welcome, it’s great to have you. I hope you takes some time to peek around. If you need some place to start here are a few of my favorite posts.
- My upcycled book page wreath tutorial
- Hunger Games Mockingjay shirt tutorial (are you as excited as I am about the movie?)
- Finally, I’ve got a What We Wore and Made link party going on and would love you to add some of your favorite posts from your own blog.
TUTORIAL REPOSTED BELOW
What You Need
- Piece of fabric 3.5 by 12 inches
- 2 buttons (different sizes are a plus)
- Ribbon (if you want it to be a girl)
- Small scrap of felt (or other fabric for teeth)
What To Do
- Cut fabric pieces. You need 2 body pieces about 3.5 x 5.5 inches. 1 lower body piece 3.5 x 4.5 inches. Arms 2 pieces 2 x 2 inches. Cut teeth
- On the lower body piece turn under the short edge and sew down.
- Arrange the teeth and sew down.
- Fold each arm part in piece and sew one two two edges leaving one side open. Then flip them inside out so that you have two little arms.
- Sew on your eyes on one of the body pieces leaving adequate room around the edges to allow for you to sew.
- Lay all the front pieces like shown above with the hands facing inward. Next lay the back piece on top and pin making sure to catch the arms and lower body pieces.
- Sew around the edges leaving a hole in the bottom edge to allow you to right side out the monster.
- Stuff the monster and sew shut.
- Tie a bow and sew it on.
- Add a gift card and you’re good to go.
The possibility are endless. It would be cute with all sorts of fun fabrics. You could even use it as a little jewelry pouch. I’d love to see if you make your own little monsters.