One of my favorite things about the Harry Potter books is the way that it got so many people young and old reading. When my family discovered the books all four of us devoured them. Even my dad who I have never thought of as being a reader before was fighting over who’s turn it was with the book.
Sadly many people stop at Potter but there are SO many great books books in the world. So today I’m sharing 50+ books for Harry Potter Fans. Whether they are full of fun friends like Harry, Ron, and Hermione, great adventure, or wonderful world building all I have personally read every single one of these and loved them all. I hope you will as well!
For those which are a part of a series (most of them) I am listing the first book and making the text bold. So if you count all the books in the series there are WELL over 100 books on this list :) If they are a part of the series I have read ALL the books available within each of the series! Because this would be a CRAZY long post if I wrote even one sentence about each of these. But I have written about each of these before since I have written about each and every one of these (usually more than once). So if you’re curious about one of them feel free to use the search bar in the upper right (or at the bottom) to learn more of what I think.
Friendship, Mystery, Adventure and Magic
These are Middle Grade and YA books that are full of great friends and adventure. Most are good for the average middle schooler but you know your own kids. I LOVED all of them as an adult so they aren’t just kiddie books that are similar in maturity content level to the earlier Harry Potter books.
- Insignia by S.J. Kincaid
- The Iron Trial by Cassandra Clare and Holly Black
- Inheart by Cornelia Funke
- The Princess in the Opal Mask by Jennifer Lunquist
- The Lightening Thief by Rick Riordan
- Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer
- The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis
- Etiquette and Espionage by Gail Carriger
- Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs
- The False Prince by Jennifer Nielsen
- Airman by Eoin Colfer
- Transparent by Natalie Whipple
- Heist Society by Ally Carter
- Atlantia by Ally Condie
- Sidekicked by John David Anderson
- The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaimen
- The Goose Girl by Shannon Hale
- Liesel and Po by Lauren Oliver
- The Red Pyramid by Rick Riodan
Fun Magical World and Some More Teen Topics
These are all YA books with they are full have great characters and friendship but deal with more teen level topic like dating and bigger trials and more evil villains. They are more similar to the middle Harry Potter books.
- Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare
- Die for Me by Amy Plum
- Sweet Evil by Wendy Higgins
- Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins
- Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi
- Carnival of Souls by Melissa Marr
- Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell (no magic but cute)
- The Demon King by Cinda Williams Chima
- The Ward by Jordana Frankel
- Entwined by Heather Dixon
- Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl
- Wings by Aprilynne Pike
- The Night Circus by Erin Mortenstern
- The Girl of Fire and Thorns by Rae Carson
- Defy by Sara B. Larson
- City of Bones by Cassandra Clare
- Legend by Marie Lu
- Vampire Academy and then Bloodlines by Richelle Mead
- The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater
- Graceling by Kristin Cashore
- Ender’s Game and then The Shadow Series by Orson Scott Card
- Cinder by Marissa Meyer
- Grave Mercy by R.L. LaFevers
- Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas
- For the Darkness Shows the Stars by Diana Peterfreund
- Pivot Point by Kasie West
- Divergent by Veronica Roth
Action Adventure with a Little Darkness
These are a bit more intense than the earlier bit. Darker themes more mature content. Still YA appropriate but more like the later Harry Potter Books in maturity level.
- Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo
- Trial by Fire by Josephine Angelini
- An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir
- The Jewel by Amy Ewing
- The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
- Ready Player One by Ernest Cline (adult book)
And as I said all but a few of these are part of series most with 3+ books so you should have a ton to pick from! I made a point to only include books that I have actually read and really enjoyed. I know there are way more great reads that I haven’t gotten to yet and I’d love to add a section to this post with YOUR RECOMMENDATIONS let me know what other books out there you think Harry Potter Fans would love.
If you like this you might like my Huge List of Books for Divergent fans! There are actually a lot of different books on that list.
Don’t forget to enter the Harry Potter Giveaway. Just one more week to enter and check back later to see the rest of the Happy Harry Potter posts from today.
- The September Book Box from Appraising Pages (includes a shirt by Appraising Pages Shop and 3-5 feminine home, beauty, and fashion items)
- I Solemnly Swear That I Am Up To No Good Necklace from Book Sphere
- Marauders Map Stacking Mugs from A Bird in the Hand Crafts
- 25$ Shop Credit (for in stock items) from Tiny Book Town (super cute bookish jewelry pictured Narnia book necklace and Mystery and Adventure necklace)
- Deathly Hallows Necklace, Personalized Hogwarts Acceptance Letter, and Golden Snitch Ornament (any house colors) from Pieces by Polly
- 40$ Shop Credit from Rae Gun (pictured above House Elf Apron, Hogwart’s House Tie Necklace, Make Love Not Horcruxes Bag but anything in the shop is available)
- 20$ Amazon.com gift card!
- The August Owl Crate from Owl Crate (this will include an upbeat mystery novel, as well as a bunch of items paying homage to literature’s most-loved detectives)
Let’s connect! You can also find me hanging out here.