We had our Rae Gun Ramblings locals Beautiful Creatures party yesterday and it was a ton of fun. We had already gotten together to watch the Beautiful Creatures movie so this was time to do book food and that sort of thing. It was so great to get to hang out with everyone and eat and just chat. I made character cupcakes that were super fun here’s the key and reasoning
- Lena’s had a lemon drop and green candy to represent the lemons and rosemary
- Ridley’s were fun with rainbow chip frosting and her signature red lollipops
- Links also a party animal were rainbow chip and small
- Amma’s had her favorite red hots candies on top
- Macon’s were “dream” cupcakes since the incubus eats dreams
- Ethan’s were chocolate for his chocolate milk addiction
- Serafine’s I made to look fire-y
- Marian’s were brown like dirt I was going to right RIP since the movie left her out but I ran out of time
- Savanna Snow’s were topped with coconut flakes
I picked up some fried chicken, my sister made some absolutely delicious biscuits, lemon and rosemary (like Lena) cookies, and collared greens.
I also made a few different kinds of mini pies to get my Amma on. We had Lemon Mereign, Chocolate Mereign, and Apple pie. Meadow brought a tasty veggie tray to thankfully balance out the grease and sugar and of course had had a big bowl of red hots and lemon heads for Amma and Lena.
It was fun. The next book on our stack is The Host by Stephanie Meyer. Don’t be scared off by the author yes she did write the Twilight books but this one is pretty different and I just barely re-read it and was happy to confirm that I still really like it.
The movie comes out the end of March so we’ve got a little over a month :)
|Day||Main Meal||Goals (Veggies, Whole Grain, Fish)|
|Sunday||Steak Salad||Grains and nuts: granola bars |
|Tuesday||Chicken and Mashed Potatoes|
|Wednesday||Ravioli and Marinara|
|Thursday||Lemon Catfish, Risotto and Peas|
|Friday||Crock Pot Enchilada Pork Tacos|
|Saturday||Eat Out with out of town friends|