For those of you who are new here, I recently moved into a new home which I love. Today I’m taking you on the second part of the house tour -the living room and dinning room area. This I think is the area of the house that is the next most put together part after the kitchen. The walls are naked still which drives me crazy if I think about it but we’re hoping to get a few pieces of of furniture and I haven’t found anything I like enough to buy yet you know.
(move your mouse over the picture and you can see some labels, I’ve included a couple old pictures of how the old owners had it decorated)
We love our new IKEA table, that metal bowl, the new grey couch and the rugs. The rug under the table (from RC Willy) is more of a traditional style (what I call Aladin rugs) that my husband is totally drawn to that doesn’t do much for me. But this one looks like it is almost made to coordinate with the rug we got from World Market so it’s pretty cool. I absolute love how the couches look on the Medallion Rug, thanks again for all of the feedback and suggestions!
This that need to be done:
- I want something new to put the TV on. We like the height of the IKEA thing there now but don’t like the feel (we’ll stick the cubbie thing in the play room when we find a replacement).
- I think we want a buffet or china cabinet tall thing where those green chairs are. Something nice that will give us extra storage. And maybe an upholstered chair in that area as well.
- I’m not sure about the ladder shelf but we’ve got it so it’s there for now.
- I’m thinking about maybe a side table with a lamp on it or a little shelf on the left side of the grey couch.
- I want to paint the chairs at the table and get a few more chairs to add a variety but I want to make sure we have the new chairs and new furniture before I decide what color to paint the chairs.
- And of course things on the walls.
- On the wall that touches the kitchen (look at the shot that’s far from the table) I’m thinking of hanging 3 hooks and hanging pretty aprons on there and then maybe seasonal decorations from time to time
That’s all I can think of let me know if you have any ideas or worries. Okay so the put-togetherness of the house is going to go downhill from now, just warning you to brace yourself for the next parts of the house tour.