If you’re new Bev from Flamingo Toes and I have challenged each other to make stuff for ourselves and we post our creations the last Thursday of the month (but since it’s Thanksgiving tomorrow we’re bumping it up this month). Join in on the fun by sharing what you’re sewing for yourself or what you’re wearing that you’ve made for yourself by using the hashtag #sewourstash and we might feature you! You can follow us over at @raegunramblings and @flamingotoes . Here are some of our favorite hashtag posts from last month!
Okay so today I bring to you a total fail. See this dress. While I was making it I couldn’t decide if it was okay or if I hated it. I used my upcycled shirt dress tutorial but didn’t have enough fabric to make the skirt longer and I haven’t really mastered the whole sewing for a belly yet. In fact I only basted the skirt to the sweater.
So after I had my sister take some pictures I asked what she thought, she didn’t like it. And her boyfriend who hemmed and hawed until we assured him I wanted his real opinion and he admitted his dislike. So even though the top picture is OK these ones above were the next best that I got with all the rest being just awful. So it’s one of those pieces that mostly looks horrendous on but from the absolute perfect angle is tolerable. Oh well. It didn’t take too long.
I also made another Materity-ized Casual Lady. I love that that pattern. I need to make more. I keep walking into stores looking at their boring maternity shirts for 30$ that are so plain and leave with nothing. I think I’m going to just cut a bunch of these out this weekend and stop my winning about clothes.
Finally I couldn’t control my inner creative book geek and had to make myself a mockingjay cowl. I used my tutorial for making a mockingjay iron on from my mockingjay tank and then this 10 minute cowl tutorial so easy and cozy.
So since I’m flaunting my ginormous belly in all these pictures and I haven’t done a prego update in ages I figured I’d add a few fun facts. I might have been freaking out a tiny bit while editing pictures for today’s Sew Our Stash post. I mean I feel HUGE but everyone is all like oh you just feel that way, but nope I LOOK huge too and it’s only going to get bigger hahaha. Oh well it’s all a part of it right?
- I’m 26 and a half weeks
- I just realized that we are getting close especially with the holidays it’s going to go fast!
- We’re not ready AT ALL. We have nothing. No really what do we need to get?
- I have my glucose test next appointment which I hope I pass because I still can’t drink water without throwing up and I don’t want to be told to drink stuff with aspertane in it.
- We have a couple names that we don’t hate. I think we’ve given up on any hope that we’re going to love a name. We won’t be sharing the name until he’s born. It’s way too hard for us to agree on a name and people have no self control in telling you they hate the name or that they know some awful evil person with the name so we will not be risking getting back to no names.
- I think my mom and MIL have been secretly buying baby stuff.
- I have bought baby socks and one onesie. I thought I hated the selection of boy clothes but Daniel makes it even worse. He’s declared a hate for anything with words on it, skulls, and bow ties. So I guess this baby is doomed to wearing stripes stripes and more stripes.
- We call the baby Toasty. Short for Toaster Strudel because he makes the bed so stinking hot!
- Toasty likes to have dance parties at about 1 am. And he dances like a wild beast. Luckily I’m not usually in bed until later any ways.
Well don’t forget to go see what Bev has been sewing this month! And hopefully the holidays won’t be too crazy and I’ll see some of you sharing your #sewourstash pictures on Instagram :)