Need a last minute costume, or bit of Halloween flair? I made this to wear to Gardner Village’s Witches Night Out (where hundreds of women dress up like witches). It was awesome but I think the headband would be great for the costume-less or for those of you who may have been focusing all your energy on others’ costumes and just need some Halloween Spirit for yourself.
It’s so easy and as with everything I make my default is to sew because that is what I know, it’s easier for me than glue but really all of this can be done with glue.
What You’ll Need
- thick felt
- headband (I love the elastic style ones)
- small pieces of fabric (I used purple and orange)
- heat bond (ultra heavy) but you could probably just use glue
- If you’re going to use heat bond iron heat bond the letter fabric(orange) and the background fabric (purple)
- Cut out the letters (I used my Cricut but you could free hand it or trace them off of the computer screen)
- Cut out the background shape out of the background fabric I just did an abstract squiggle.
- Place the background shape on the felt and the felt so you can see an edge.
- Sew (or glue the felt onto the headband
- Iron (or glue) the background shape onto the felt making sure to leave a little room around the edges
- Position the letters and iron (or glue)
- Glue on the sequence
- Wear and feel Fancy.
If you make any I’d love to see them. Hope you like it.
JOIN THE COOL KIDS
Get quick and easy recipes + crafts straight to your inbox!
Love it! Very creative idea and so much fun. I like that better than something foofy! I am a new follower…you had me at sinner saved by Grace ;) I found you from Sew Much Ado. Come check out LBT when you get a chance. Thx!!!
I’m your newest happy follower. http://moogieland.blogspot.com/