It is always so fun reading new authors.Today for Top 10 Tuesday and Waiting on Wednesday I’m sharing 10 young adult novels from debut authors that I am so excited to check out. All descriptions are from Goodreads.
And if you happen to be a Divergent fan or shrinky dink lover be sure to check out my Dauntless train pendant from Friday.
- The Ward – To save her sister, who is suffering from a deadly illness thought to be caused by years of pollution, Ren accepts a secret mission from the government: to search for a freshwater source in the Ward, with the hope of it leading to a cure.
However, she never expects that her search will lead to dangerous encounters with a passionate young scientist; a web of deceit and lies; and an earth-shattering mystery that’s lurking deep beneath the water’s rippling surface.
- Linked – Finally, [Elissa’s] promised a cure: minor surgery to burn out the overactive area of her brain. But on the eve of the procedure, she discovers the shocking truth behind her hallucinations: she’s been seeing the world through another girl’s eyes.
- Transparent – An invisible girl is a priceless weapon. Fiona’s own father has been forcing her to do his dirty work for years—everything from spying on people to stealing cars to breaking into bank vaults.
- City of a Thousand Dolls – Nisha makes her way as Matron’s assistant, her closest companions the mysterious cats that trail her shadow. Only when she begins a forbidden flirtation with the city’s handsome young courier does she let herself imagine a life outside the walls. Until one by one, girls around her start to die.
- Let the Sky Fall – Seventeen-year-old Audra is a sylph, an air elemental. She walks on the wind, can translate its alluring songs, and can even coax it into a weapon with a simple string of commands. She’s also a guardian—Vane’s guardian—and has sworn an oath to protect Vane at all costs. Even if it means sacrificing her own life.
- Splintered – When her mother’s mental health takes a turn for the worse, Alyssa learns that what she thought was fiction is based in terrifying reality. The real Wonderland is a place far darker and more twisted than Lewis Carroll ever let on.
- Parallel – A cosmic collision of parallel universes has left Abby living a new reality every time parallel Abby makes a decision. Now Abby must race against time to take control of her fate without losing sight of who she is, the boy who might just be her soul mate, and the destiny that’s finally in reach.
- Reboot – Wren’s favorite part of the job is training new Reboots, but her latest newbie is the worst she’s ever seen. As a 22, Callum Reyes is practically human. His reflexes are too slow, he’s always asking questions, and his ever-present smile is freaking her out. Yet there’s something about him she can’t ignore.
- Dualed – Everyone has a genetic Alternate—a twin raised by another family—and citizens must prove their worth by eliminating their Alts before their twentieth birthday. Fifteen-year-old West Grayer has trained as a fighter, preparing for the day when her assignment arrives and she will have one month to hunt down and kill her Alt. But then a tragic misstep shakes West’s confidence. Stricken with grief and guilt, she’s no longer certain that she’s the best version of herself, the version worthy of a future.
- Mila 2.0 – Mila was never meant to learn the truth about her identity. She was a girl living with her mother in a small Minnesota town. She was supposed to forget her past —that she was built in a secret computer science lab and programmed to do things real people would never do.
JOIN THE COOL KIDS
Get quick and easy recipes + crafts straight to your inbox!
great picks! we have alot of the same ones for sure! ( Dualed / Reboot) you picked alot of other ones that i REALLY WANT TO READ ( Mila, Let the Sky Fall , Mind Games ) Thanks for checking out my list! – Katie @ Inkk
Joana Bettencourt says
City of a Thousand Bolls and Transparent are on my list too!
Here’s my Top Ten: http://www.best-of-ya.blogspot.com
Love the sound of the books on your list! They all sound pretty unique and I can’t wait for them. :)
Janita @ Book, Interrupted says
ALL OF THEM! I’m especially excited for Mila 2.0!
My TTT :)
Ohhh, how could I forget about Dualed? And Let The Sky Fall?! I really really want to read those too. And Parallel: yes! It looks so good!
Tanya Patrice says
I don’t usually pay attention to debuts, but City of a Thousand Dolls by Miriam Forster is one I’m looking forward to reading too.
[email protected] says
Great picks <3 I see a lot of books I’m waiting for (almost every title!)
Lesley D. says
So many great covers. I see they announced the Mara Dyer cover today too: http://shelf-life.ew.com/2013/01/15/the-retribution-of-mara-dyer-exclusive/
Debra Hawkins says
Those all look great! I just finished Beautiful Creatures. Have you read that whole series?
marissa | Rae Gun Ramblings says
Yes and I really liked the whole thing!
MIND GAMES is a good pick in general, but she did publish an entire trilogy before this one (PARANORMALCY, etc)!
marissa | Rae Gun Ramblings says
Shanyn I’m such a dork I didn’t mean to put Mind Games (even though I’m really looking forward to it!)I think I was just in post writing mode thanks for that catch.
I’m pumped about so many of these debuts and glad you are too! Transparent, Sky Fall and Reboot look especially appealing to me. Happy debut reading, Marissa!
Great list! I just bought Splintered, and I’m so psyched to read it. I also cannot believe I forgot Mind Games & Let the Sky Fall when I was making my list.
molly @ wrapped up in books says
Your list is all sci-fi or fantasy! Great choices. Of these I’ve read Splintered…and it was just crazy!
[email protected] Delicious says
Great list! I haven’t read a book for a couple of weeks now (what is wrong with me?!) so I need a new list! x
Janus Vielle Aragones says
Looking forward to all those books as well! I can’t wait to get a copy of each and every one… which I guess means, I’ll be broke for the entire year… *sigh* Eh, it’s worth it. LOL.
Great list! :)
Janus @ The Blair Book Project
All of your choices are freaking fabulous!! I agree 100%. The ones I’m most looking forward to are The Ward, Reboot, and Parallel! I can’t wait! :D
Sara @ Forever 17 Books says
So many of these I am excited for too! Parallel, Mila 2.0 and Let the Sky Fall are high on my list! And I really hope you enjoy Dualed as much as I did! :)
~Sara @ Forever 17 Books
Jennifer @ YA Sisterhood says
So many good books in 2013!!!! Let the Sky Fall and Splintered are both amazing!!! Can’t wait to read City of A Thousand Dolls!
Thanks for stopping by our blog (for Teaser Tuesday)!
These are all fabulous picks! A couple of them are new to me, so I need to add them to my list (which gets increasingly longer every Wednesday).
Divergent Gryffindor says
Oooh,great list! I also have Dualed on my list. Mila 2.0 and Parallel are on my TBR! Happy reading :D
Top 10 Debuts I’m Looking Forward To
Waiting on Wednesday
New Meme: Cover Love Mondays