I have just a few bookish goals this year and conveniently enough they relate pretty directly to this blog. I’m linking up to Top Ten Tuesday over at The Broke and The Bookish.
- Get to know more book bloggers (and book reading craft bloggers) online and in person
- Read through the short list of must reads that I missed out on last year (The Fault In Our Stars, Code Name Verity, For the Darkness Shows the Stars, What’s Left of Me)
- Start a bloggy book/movie club (more about this below)
- Go to every author/book event I can manage (I put a calendar in my “Events” section and I’ll try to keep it updated with all the bookish events around Salt Lake). Please let me know if there are any events you think I should add.
So, the book/movie club. Basically there are LOADS of awesome books being turned into movies that are being release this year. One of my all time favorite books Ender’s Game (ahhhhhhhh, it’s finally happening!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) and two of my favorite series Beautiful Creatures and Mortal Instruments: City of Bones (waaahoooo) in addition to some other goodies. Did you guys like that sentence?
I’ve had a bunch of people tell me after my Hunger Games Party and various movie outings that they wish they could go with me and I’ve been thinking why not? So what I’m proposing is a book club of sorts. Most of them will be books to be read to get ready for the bookish movies but I was also thinking of throwing in a few in the gaps that I want to make sure I get to this year. I was thinking not new releases that way the library should have copies and most of the paper backs will probably be out.
But before I get all into it and invest a ton of work I want to make sure that people would actually be interested. And there would be no commitment at all and you could pick and chose which books to participate with so don’t feel like it’s all or nothing.
And I know I’m said a lot about the movies but if you’d rather do different books I’m totally up for that to I’m just trying to see if there would be any interest. You should also know I love talking books ANY TIME. Really if you want to ask about something I’ve read feel free to comment on my goodreads or send me an email!
Create your free online surveys with SurveyMonkey, the world’s leading questionnaire tool.
Here’s a list of the books I mentioned in the survey with links to amazon so you can read the description if necessary. You can also find them on my read or to-read pages in goodreads and you can check out those pages to see my taste in books and if you’re on goodreads I’d love to be goodreads friends with you.
- The Fault in Our Stars, Code Name Verity, For Darkness Shows the Stars, What’s Left of Me Divergent, Graceling, The Night Circus
- MILA 2.0, Dualed, Mind Games
- Indigo Spell, Clockwork Princess, Vortex, Siege and Storm, Dark Triumph, Scarlet, Requiem
- Scorpio Races, Amy and Roger’s Epic Detour, Seven Realms, Wickedly Lovely