I have a mild love for fabric covered buttons. I think they just add the perfect flair for any project. Until someone told me about the inexpensive kits sold at fabric stores I had no idea how easy and accessible they were to me so I figured some of you might not know either. You can find the kits on the notions wall at the fabric stores. I like the kind of kit that has the round rubble thing. They have another kind that you use with a hammer and I think those are harder to use and easier to mess up.
These buttons are fabulous to use in sewing projects but they also sell ones with flat backs that can be glued onto hair thingies, earrings, and more.
How It Works
- There will be a pattern to use to cut your fabric. I recommend cutting it a little larger.
- Next you put the fabric on top of the cup piece.
- Next place the button face part and push down with the tool provided. This step may take some practice to get an equal amount of fabric around the edge.
- Use your finger to press down excess fabric.
- Add button backing and press into place with tool
- And you’re done ready to use your cute new button.