If you’re like me you have great ideas and grand plans but you find yourself the day before holidays and birthdays thinking eek I was going to make that to wear or that to give and so on and so on. So here’s a little tutorial for you last minute folks. Seriously not counting the creative part (which to be honest is most fun) these take maybe 15 minutes to make and are easy peasy.
So to celebrate Independence day I’m giving away all three of these headbands and I’m going to give a little tutorial for the Fourth of July one since I won’t be able to ship the headband to you in time haha, save it for next year or if you’re in Utah Pioneer Day (it’s a weird as you might be thinking but so fun) or Labor day I guess. Just skim down for giveaway options if you are not so craftily inclinded.
1. Cut your fabric I like the skinny end to be 1.5 inches and the fat one to range from 2.5 to 3 but bigger is cute to. The length when folded should be somewhere between 8 and 10 inches. Cut two layers.
2. To get the bottom layer to stick out trim the sides down a bit on the top layer.
3. Unfold and position the layers, both right sides up.
4. Sew the sides together
5. Hold the headband over your head and guess how much elastic you will need (it should be the space that’s left to go around your head minus about an inch) usually I do about 4 inches and it’s good. Sizing takes practice. You could be all mathy and measure and calculate but isn’t it more fun to unpick stitches haha.
6. sew the elastic in one side (either stuff it in between the layers of fabric or just underneath). And do it to both sides
7. Cut slivers of fabric to make a firework flower, layer them.
8. Sew down the flower just sew a couple lines turning the head band to take the “petals”
9. Wear, eat delicious bbq and if you’re an American be grateful for those who fought for our freedom.
To enter to win these three:
1) Link back to this blog post on your blog (or other internet thing-y). Click here to create a link if you use blogger other wise make a post as you normally would. As always feel free to(and I would love it if you would) use my pictures for giveaway posts. To enter by posting to your facebook just become a fan of RaeGun and then post a link to this giveaway in your facebook status. Get an extra entry if you follow my blog for the first time (see the little widget to the left)
2) Comment on this post telling me where you linked it or that you became a fan or follower. And please make sure I have a way to contact you (ex. if your blog/profile is private leave your email address). Remember you can enter multiple times if you link back in multiple places and for this giveaway you’ll get an extra entry if you follow my blog. Please make a comment for every entry.
For more info on these giveaways and to see a list of past winners see this post.
This giveaway is open until 7/18/09
Happy Fourth of July!
p.s. don’t forget the shorts giveaway ends tomorrow