So many books so little time. But if you’re looking for some really good ones I thought I would share my must read books you might have missed. And I thought it’d be fun if you shared yours too!
Every year I love to look back on the books I have read and just see what I read and what stands out and I love to see what other people’s favorites were. I normally fill Perpetual Page Turner’s Year End Survey but I find it to be a little daunting in it’s entirety and it’s focused on book bloggers.
So I thought I’d do a condensed kind of round up and invite you to share what your reading highlights were in the comments feel free to answer all or just a few of the questions. I’ll be going live on Facebook tomorrow 11 AM MST to share my answers! I use Goodreads to keep track of my books although I tend to update it in batches (I’m way better at posting my reads on Instagram and my Currently Reading page). If you’re on good reads this is my account we can be friends!
I’ll fill this out and update the post with my answers tomorrow but I’d love you to join Debra from Housewife Eclectic and me on Facebook tomorrow 11 AM MST as we discuss our book highlights from the year!
How many books did you read in 2016?
- 79 books total
- 27,297 pages total
What were the top 5 books you read?
- Court of Mist and Fury this is the second book in series
- My Lady Jane
- A Torch Against the Night this is the second book in series
- Court of Fives and Poisoned Blade
Name an author you’re glad you discovered in 2016.
What book(s) did you find yourself recommending the most this year?
- pretty much the ones in my top 5 list
What book was recommended TO YOU the most this year? Did you read it?
Did any book make you angry or frustrated?
- Edenbrook – so annoyed the whole time by the characters decisions and actions
- Finding Audrey – I liked the book but I found the mom to be super stressful
What was the most surprising book (good or bad)?
- The Space Between Us (bad)
- Obsidian (meh)
- Court of Mist and Fury (good)
- Soundless (just really different than I was expecting)
What kid book was most read in your house if you live with kids?
Was there a book you can’t believe you waited to long to finally read?
What books did you want to read but just didn’t get to it?
- I had Furthermore checked out forever but never got to it
- I still haven’t gotten to about half of my Owlcrate books but I’m excited to
Anything else notable?
- I read quite a number of books with kids with disabilities and mental illnesses represented and I liked that. I think books really help you see the world from other peoples perspective so I applaud the authors for doing that and doing it in a way that is not trite or patronizing.
- Harry Potter and the Cursed Child. I loved it. Also loved the Fantastic Beast movie but haven’t read the screenplay.
- I went and saw Cassandra Clare one of my FAAAAAAVVVVVOOORIIITTTE authors when she was in town for her Lady Midnight tour which I loved (both the book and the signing)
So what are YOUR must read books from 2016. I love adding to my To Read list! And don’t forget tomorrow at 11AM MST well be having virtual book club on Facebook to discuss reading highlights of last year!