It’s been a while since I’ve gushed over my pasta maker but don’t be mistaken. We are still living the life of luxury eating fresh pasta.
Really it’s bad we can’t go back. The few times I’ve used the last of the noodles remaining in our cupboard we were both like meh. We’re totally spoiled. Thankfully fresh noodles are so flipping easy and cheap it’s totally worth it.
Light Whole Grain Pasta Recipe
- 2 C Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 1/2 C All Purpose Flour
- 4 Large Eggs
- 2 TBS Water
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Place flour, eggs, water and salt in mixer bowl.
- Mix with flat beater.
- Switch to dough hook and knead for 2 minutes.
- Hand knead for a minute and divide into 8 equal balls.
- Process according to you pasta roller. I am obsessed with this pasta roller set.
- Dry or freeze it to store.
This recipe makes about 1 1/4 lbs of pasta.
I usually pile the dough and freeze them and they can go straight into boil water and only takes a few minutes. It’s so delicious.
Serve it with your favorite sauce recipe. Here’s my Chicken and Artichoke Alfredo if you need any ideas.
And if you want my opinion. I absolutely love my kitchen aid pasta roller attachment. I have the 3 piece set with the roller and two cutters. If you need a gift for a foodie type (or yourself ;) )