So cream cheese was on sale for 98 cents a block so I kinda bought 12 blocks. I hope I haven’t already burnt you guys out on cheesecake recipes because I have two more for you. I’m going to say that I liked the chocolate chip one better but the pomegranate one definitely looks more fancy and don’t get me wrong both are delicious.
For the Crust
1 pack of chocolate graham crackers (crushed)
1/3 C Butter (melted)
3-8 oz pkgs Cream Cheese (use philidephia and make sure it’s room temp or it won’t turn out)
1 can Sweetened Condensed Milk
1/2 C Sugar
3 Eggs (room temp)
3 Tbls Lemon Juice
1 Tbl Vanilla
for the pomegranate cheesecake
fruit from one pomegranate
for cranberry sauce to serve with either
1 C cranberries
1/2 C sugar
2 T orange juice
1C cranberry juice
for the chocolate chip cheesecake
1/2 C mini chocolate chips
(oops forgot to take a picture before we dug in)
- Bring cream cheese and eggs to room temp (this will take 2-3 hours). Don’t skip this step.
- Break up the graham crackers (I like to stick them in a ziplock and mush).
- Melt the butter and mix with the graham cracker crumbs. Press them into a springform pan.
- Beat the cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk until smooth.
- Add sugar, vanilla, and lemon juice until well combined.
- Add eggs one by one until combined.
- for the chocolate chip cheesecake add in the mini chips (try to stir as little as possible)
- Heat a dish while preheating the oven and pour hot water in the dish when you stick the cheesecake in. Bake at 300F with steam for 1 hour and 15 minutes (until outside is set but inside is still jiggly).
- Let cool in the oven with door closed for at least 2 hours
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours I think overnight is best, the texture and taste are much better when it’s colder
- for the pomegranate cheesecake top with whipped cream and pomegranate fruit
- Cut with a knife rinsed with hot water between each slice (or else it’ll look gross and moundy like my picture because I was too impatient, see how nice the first slice looks)
- cook all the ingredients over medium heat until the cranberries break down
- blend with an immersion blender
And get this we were at the Cheesecake Factory the other day and they screwed up our order and at the end they asked if we wanted cheesecake and we said no, they said it’ll probably be comped and both of us said no (we had some of the pomegranate one left in the fridge). I’m telling you, cheesecake isn’t ask scary as you think if you haven’t tried it yet put it on your list.
JOIN THE COOL KIDS
Get quick and easy recipes + crafts straight to your inbox!
[email protected] says
Visiting via the Weekend Wrap Up. Pomegranates are on special in these parts this time of year. This looks very yummy. Have a great weekend!
Those both look great!
This sounds devine!
I am going to feature this on Monday.
Thanks for linking up at http://www.simplydesigning.blogspot.com
Stephanie Lynn @Under the Table and Dreaming says
Marissa – This looks devine! Thanks so much for sharing the recipe and linking to the Sunday Showcase Party! I’ll be featuring this today. Hope you have a fabulous week ~ Stephanie Lynn
Mommy Minded says
Oh my goodness, this looks awesome!
To Sew With Love says
this absolutely looks delish! I love pomegranates… and chocolates… YUM! thanks for sharing at our linky party!
Amanda Kuzak says
Wow, this looks so good! I am going to have to try this recipe after I lose a few pounds, ha!
This was featured today over at Today’s Top 20! Hooray!
Life with the Lebedas says
I have never heard of that but they look fantastic!!
Thanks for linking this up today! :D
Hope you have a great weekend!
Oh my gosh.. pomegranates on cheese cake sounds amazing! I am totally going to have to try this.. because it all sounds sooo yummy.. loving the cranberry drizzle! Thanks for sharing with the Pink Hippo Party!