This Friday is Etsy day. Please help spread the word however you can. Wear and use your favorite etsy purchases in public, tell a friend or stranger about Etsy, make signs, write a song, you get the idea. I’ll be wearing my home made “Etsy dot com” shirt. Make your own, it’s easier than pie.
1. Buy a cheap-o shirt, I did an Old Navy Tank top
2. Get some iron on letters, Joann’s, Walmart, most any craft store (Seriously I already fixed the dyslexic T and S situation my shirt so no making fun, everyone gets those mixed up some time or another so much so that they should by Esty.com but that’s another issue. Any ways learn from my mistake and spell it right.)
3. Write a simple slogan or just the word ETSY
4. Personalize it, I did a bird but really whatever you want. And here’s a trick if you find a design online just hold a white piece of paper to the computer screen and trace it. It’s easy to applique things by hand stitching or zigzaging on a sewing machine, but hey they’ve got fabric glue and safety pines and a cool thing called double sided interfacing (you’ll have to read the instructions on that one)
5. Arrange your design, iron on and sew
…and this is the most important step
6. Put it on and go out in public and spread the Etsy word.