This week’s Top 10 is book cover of books I’ve read. And I’ll do you skimmers a favor and only include books I actually like too ;) These are all fun books that I’ve rave about before but if you have questions about them let me know and if you click through it’ll take you to amazon where you can read a description.
Also, if you’re just stopping by for the first time this week welcome you made it! I moved to wordpress over the weekend and changed my url from raegunwear to https://www.raegunramblings.com (since I figured that makes more sense. So if things look a little off please bear with me so I’m still learning the ropes and figuring things out :)
And for those of you joining in on the Bookish Photo Challenge on Instagram and Twitter I want to confirm that yes we WILL be continuing the fun in June. I hope to have the new prompts up soon! Check out everyone’s pictures so far by searching the hash tag #rgrphotoaday on instagram and twitter.
- Fire by Kristin Cashore – I’m in love with these new paperback covers like might have to double by in love
- Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins – I hated the original cover but I think these new ones fit so well plus I just love the design
- The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern – The hardcover is one of the most gorgeous books, cover, insides, fonts all of it. The hardcover is almost impossible to find (well at least around Christmas it was) my husband worked and worked and found one of the last 3 in the US (according to B&N) yup that’s love!
- Matched by Ally Condie – I love the imagry and the dress, well you already know I like the Matched dress ;)
- Transparent by Natalie Whipple – There’s something so stunning to me about this cover, love the colors and the feel it fits the awesomeness of the story perfectly
- The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michell Hodkin – I love this cover I just think it’s super pretty
- Everneath by Brodi Ashton – I admit it I like girls in dresses covers and it’s a perk to me that her face is cut off
- Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo – love the feel and look and simplicity of it, such a perfect cover for such a good book (yay for a gender neutral cover that’s interesting!)
- Glitch by Heather Anastaiu – I’ve always loved this cover. The colors the bits of circuitry yup I just really like it.
- Mila 2.0 by Debra Driza – This cover totally grabbed me. I just think it’s stunning and it is the only cover that my husband has ever commented on I really think they did a great job on this one.
JOIN THE COOL KIDS
Get quick and easy recipes + crafts straight to your inbox!
Lianne @ caffeinatedlife.net says
Night Circus almost made my list this week but another book stole its spot. Shadow & Bone and the Mara Dyer titles are definitely popular this week–they are quite stunning! Great list =)
Alice @ Alice in Readerland says
The covers for Matched and Transparent are so cool! :) My TTT list: http://aliceinreaderland.com/2013/05/20/bookcovers/
Alice @ Alice in Readerland
That cover of Anna and the French Kiss is gorgeous (and as shallow as it may be I think I’d have read the book sooner if my copy had that cover). The rest of your picks are lovely looking too!
Raya @ midnight coffee monster says
Compared to the original Anna & the French Kiss cover, I enjoy the newest one the most. There’s a maturity that wasn’t there before. Shadow & Bone has a great cover! I can’t wait for Siege & Storm, too — I’m sure the sequel will be fantastic, and it’s got another awesome cover to top it off.
Savindi @ The Streetlight Reader says
Yay for The Night Circus making our lists :). It definitely has one of the most beautiful covers I’ve seen. I probably will never read Anna and The French Kiss, but the cover version you posted definitely caught my attention.I love the colour combinations of it. Siege and Storm too has a great cover. Great List Marissa!
I had Mara Dyer too – I think it just fits the slightly-creepy-vibe of the book so well, and I adore her dress. I mean, I’ll drool over the ballgowns as much as the next girl, but I’d totally actually wear that one!
I don’t recognise Transparent – I’ll have to check it out!
I Read Books and Drink Tea says
I didn’t like the original cover for Anna and the French Kiss either. This new one appeals to me more. I think this new cover will definitely help it gain more readers who were turned off by the old one.
Katja Weinert @ YA's the Word says
Great choices. Love The Night Circus cover and Shadow and Bone as well as Siege and Storm have such Fab covers.
If they release Bitterblue in the new design in paperback I’m going to be really sad that it won’t match my current set. :(
oh that would be so sad if they only did Bittlerblue in the new design (I think that’s what is happening with the third book in the anna and the french kiss series but the third book wasn’t released before the redesign)
Ula @ Blog of Erised says
We share two, yay. And The Night Circus one is gorgeous, so simple!
Quinn @ Quinn's Book Nook says
I’ve only read Anna and the French Kiss. I didn’t really like the original cover, but I’m not in love with the new one either. I don’t really think the new one will catch the eyes of teenagers. Just my opinion though :)
I also really love the cover of Shadow and Bone and really need to get reading that soon. I’ve seen it around a ton today.
The cover for The NIght Circus is so pretty! That’s def what made me want to read the book. I wasn’t fond of the original cover of Anna either and like the new one better. Love your list!
Maggie @ Just a Couple More Pages says
I totally agree with you about the Stephanie Perkins redesign. They’re so much better than the originals! And the main reason I want to read Mara Dyer is because of how cool the cover looks. Great list!
Thanks for stopping by my blog!
Jana @ That Artsy Reader Girl says
I love the typography treatment on Night Circus! It’s beautiful. I’m not a fan of change, so I’m having a hard time with Anna’s re-design. I was not in love with the original cover, but it became iconic in a way. Great picks! Thanks for stopping by my TTT. :)
HOLD UP. You MADE a Matched dress for the Reached release?! Holy crap, that’s incredible, Marissa! And you definitely have great taste in book covers because there’s a lot of pretty here. I would have loved to have included The Night Circus cover in mine, but I hadn’t read it yet (very sweet what your husband did!).