10 books that I liked more/less than I thought I would. Linking up with The Broke and the Bookish.
Books I Loved
- Inkheart – Have you ever wanted to interact with characters from a book? This one is so fun for those of us who love books. And it’s beautifully written.
- The Host – I thought it would be shallow and fun, but it’s pretty thoughtful, and full of interesting complicated relationships and dilemmas.
- Ready Player One -LOVED this so much and I’m not really a video game fan (I just know many).
- The Covenant Series (book one is Half-Blood) – It was hard for me to see huge chunks of the Vampire Academy books in these but they just sucked me in and eventually headed their own awesome direction.
- Cinder – I thought “cyborg Cinderella, how dumb” how wrong! This was one of my favorites from last year
Books I Thought I Would Love But Just Didn’t
- The Giver – I don’t get the hype. It’s barely a story more like some world building.
- Blood Read Road – Holy moley I cannot handle that broken English.
- Life As We Knew It – Talk about depressing without any hope or resolution (and it continues that way for THREE books)
- The Weed That Strings the Hangman’s Bag – I loved book 1 but this one just didn’t grab me
- Daughter of Smoke and Bone – I liked half of the book mostly in the middle but I just did not see the hype. I really wanted to like it more.
And I’ve got a big announcement. Some of you already know how addicted I am to Instagram. And since the ladies at Book Soul Mates only did their bookish challenge for one month I thought us nerds needed a photo-a-day challenge just for us again! So next month join me at @raegunramblings for the #rgrphotoaday challenge which will feature many bookish photo prompts. Feel free to join in when you can or do all of them. And if you’re not on Instagram feel free to play along on twitter. Just tag your photos #rgrphotoaday .
I would LOOOOVE help spreading the world so feel free to repost the picture and let your friends know. Also if you have any good idea for future prompts leave them in the comments :)