Daniel’s Grandma is celebrating her 87th birthday today. Happy Birthday! We did a small little dinner and cake to celebrate yesterday with the family and I whipped up one of my go to pop up cards. They are so easy and quick to make that I thought I’d share the how to’s with all of you in case you wanted something fun for Valentine’s day or just the next time you need a card.
What You’ll Need
- inside paper (I like card stock)
- outside paper (this will be what shows when it’s closed)
- paper for embellishments
- double sided tape
(click on image for larger view)
What to do
- Cut your picture out. I’ve used pictures, drawings, and words the possibilities are endless.
- Fold your inside paper in half. Decide where you want your picture to go. Lay it out and snip two lines making sure they hit about the center of your picture. Make sure to use a part of the picture where you can stick the ‘pop up part’ to without the paper showing.
- Fold the cut part to the inside of the card. Now do you kinda see how it works?
- Tape the outside paper to the backside of the inside paper with the pop fold to the inside.
- Tape your picture on.
- If you want to use any speech bubbles or other embellishments you may want to place them and fold the card to make sure it doesn’t stick out or you’ll have to do what I did and trim it down
- Add any other details you may want (I went for clouds).
- Decorate the outside. I’m usually leaving things to the last minute so it’s often just something written for me but doing a whole fancy card would definitely be a plus.
- Write your message on the inside and you’re ready to give.
Hope you like it. Let me know if you try it out.
JOIN THE COOL KIDS
Get quick and easy recipes + crafts straight to your inbox!
DOEHLER DAYS says
Very cute! I love the look of your blog. Did you make the changes yourself?
This is a such a cute idea! I love making cards
What a great (and versatile)idea!
I’d love for you to come link up at Inspire Me Mondays
How neat, thanks for linking up :)
Cuuuute. Love this idea for homemade cards.
Jenn Erickson says
Joined the party over at “To Sew With Love” and saw your link there…Love your style! What a wonderful way to make a personalized pop-up card. Great tutorial. I’m going to have to snap a few pics of my girls and make some cards in advance, so I’m not caught empty-handed for birthdays this year!
Krafty Kat says
Oh, I love it! I always liked pop up books as a kid. Thanks for linking up to Gettin’ Krafty With It!
I love pop up cards! I need some quick valentines this year & this is perfect!
popping by from Bella Before & After
shah wharton says
Hey – I’m new to this blog hop – and this site. Just found you. I am now following. I hold a Weekend Creative Blog Hop which you might enjoy? Happy wednesday! Shah of wordsinsync.blogspot.com X
I love this tutorial! I am going to feature this on Thursday :)
Mom in High Heels says
That’s cute. I love making pop up cards!
This is so adorable!
To Sew With Love says
wow! lovely card! thanks for linking up at our crafty saturday party! we are featuring your project tomorrow! can’t wait what you have for next week!
Great card! My little one would LOVE to do this!
Thanks for linking up to Making It With Allie! I can’t wait to see what you have for next week!
Nichelle @ Vintage Wanna Bee says
THIS IS AWESOME!!! I’m featuring you this week on Talent Tuesday!
This is a great card! Simple projects during the holidays are definitely the best. If you like easy projects, you should definitely check out 25 Easy DIY Christmas Crafts