Daniel’s Grandma is celebrating her 87th birthday today. Happy Birthday! We did a small little dinner and cake to celebrate yesterday with the family and I whipped up one of my go to pop up cards. They are so easy and quick to make that I thought I’d share the how to’s with all of you in case you wanted something fun for Valentine’s day or just the next time you need a card.
What You’ll Need
- inside paper (I like card stock)
- outside paper (this will be what shows when it’s closed)
- paper for embellishments
- double sided tape
(click on image for larger view)
What to do
- Cut your picture out. I’ve used pictures, drawings, and words the possibilities are endless.
- Fold your inside paper in half. Decide where you want your picture to go. Lay it out and snip two lines making sure they hit about the center of your picture. Make sure to use a part of the picture where you can stick the ‘pop up part’ to without the paper showing.
- Fold the cut part to the inside of the card. Now do you kinda see how it works?
- Tape the outside paper to the backside of the inside paper with the pop fold to the inside.
- Tape your picture on.
- If you want to use any speech bubbles or other embellishments you may want to place them and fold the card to make sure it doesn’t stick out or you’ll have to do what I did and trim it down
- Add any other details you may want (I went for clouds).
- Decorate the outside. I’m usually leaving things to the last minute so it’s often just something written for me but doing a whole fancy card would definitely be a plus.
- Write your message on the inside and you’re ready to give.