This blush sausage pasta sauce recipe is one of my go to weeknight recipes. I use wine for the extra flavor but if you don’t do alcohol I will still be a tasty one. It is fast and yummy. It’s perfect for when you don’t know what you feel like and you want to eat fast.
Also it only dirties one pan and one pot (but that’s just for pasta water). Plus it’s 100% better than fast food and you can have it in your tummy faster than running through the drive through.
Wine Sausage Tomato and Basil Pasta
- 1/2-1 tsp minced garlic
- 8 oz ground Italian sausage
- 1/2 tsp crushed pepper flakes
- 14 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 2 TBS White Wine (if you don’t use alcohol you can leave it out but it adds tons of flavor and you can cook off most of the alcohol)
- 1/2 C whipping cream
- 1/4 C chopped basil
- salt to taste
- 4 ounces cooked pasta (I like homemade fettuccine)
Partially brown the sausage, add garlic and pepper flakes and finish cooking meat. Then add tomatoes. Bring to a boil and simmer for 15 minutes. Add wine and cream. Bring to a boil then reduce heat and cook on low for 1 minute. Add salt if needed. Toss with cooked pasta and chopped basil. Stab it with your fork and stick it in your mouth.