These DIY Scrappy St. Patrick’s Day Pillowcases are so quick and easy and they make for a super fun festive addition to your green decor.
Pillowcases are by far my favorite holiday decor. They are so easy but really do change the look of a whole room. These St. Patrick’s day ones are extra awesome because they are a fun scrap busting project.
Scrappy Charm Pillowcase
This little green pillowcase is a St. Patrick’s Day version of my Love Valentine’s Day pillow case I made years ago. I’ve been meaning to make one forever and I’m so glad I finally did! For the written directions and supply list see the Love Pillow tutorial or watch the video below.
Shamrock and Four Leaf Clover Pillowcase Tutorial
- Green Main Fabric 18″x 39-44″
- Scraps of various green fabrics
- Gold Heat Transfer Vinyl
- 18″ Pillow Fom
- Cricut Explore or other cutting machine
- Sewing Machine
- Serger (optional)
Watch the full instructions in the video above. For a basic pillow case tutorial and how to change the dimensions to fit other sized pillow forms see my envelope pillowcase tutorial.
- Iron the heat and bond to your scraps of fabric.
- Place your fabric bound to the heat and bond on the cutting mat paper side down. And cut on the Cricut Explore with the card stock setting.
- Remove paper backing and arrange on front side of main pillow fabric and iron in place.
- Top stitch around each clover.
- Cut “lucky” or other phrase out of gold vinyl and iron in place. See this post for more info on using heat transfer vinyl.
- Fold the back pieces of the pillow over and pin into place. It should form a square the size of your pillow form (for me 18″).
- Sew along each side to seal the pillow case. Serge to finish if desired.
- Turn right side out and stuff with pillow form.
You also might like: