There’s just something about a great pair of statement earrings. What’s even better is when you can make them speedy fast. These 5 minute DIY glitter strip earrings will soon become your newest obsession.
Not only are they crazy fast to make but by simply changing up the colors and materials you can make combinations for every outfit and occasion. They are so stinking cute that they would make great girlfriend, teacher, or sister gifts.
This time I went for more of a mermaid vibe with the gorgeous turquoise, sea green, and rose gold but I would love a pair with rich purples and teals and jewel tones. I also want to play around with varying the widths of the glitter strips.
What You Need
- Glitter Felt or Glitter Leather
- Hoop Earrings
How to Make DIY Glitter Strip Earrings
- Cut the glitter felt or leather into strips of varying lengths. I used glitter felt I found at my local craft store but I think leather would be even better (you just might need to use something short to poke a hole).
- Use the earring to stab the strips in whatever order you like.
Ridiculously easy right! I found the glitter felt at my local craft store on the scrapbooking isle but there are tons of options online as well.
I think glitter and metallic leather would look amazing too but would probably be trickier to poke onto the earring so when I try it I think I’ll use a thicker safety pin or hand stitching needle to prep the hole before stabbing it with the earring hoop.
Can’t you just imagine all different color and material combos for different occasions and outfits? How fabulous would black white and gold be for New Years Eve!? What color combo would you want to try?
- paper scissors
- awl (optional but would be helpful for starting a hole)
- Cut the glitter felt or leather into 5 strips of varying lengths.
- Use the earring to stab the strips in whatever order you like. Pay attention to the direction of the glitter so that the pretty side faces out when the earring is being worn.
- Repeat with each glitter strip.
- I used glitter felt I found at my local craft store but I think leather would be even better (you just might need to use an awl or something sharp to poke a hole).
- Make sure to use paper or junky scissors since the glitter is hard on the scissors you don't want to use nice sewing scissors.
- I used glitter felt but I would love to try glitter leather next time!
I made these fun earrings as a part of my friends’ great Craft Lightning series. Want more glitter craft ideas that can be in 15 minutes or less? We’ve got you covered!
(perfect for Mother’s Day or anniversary gifts)