I have been loving NOOM for getting my head and health practices in check. The free trial is great, if you don’t find it helpful just don’t pay to continue!
For me though I’ve realized one of my big health downfalls is munching. My personality needs to snack but sometimes I go overboard in portion or the first thing I try isn’t satisfying so I end up having another snack to satisfy the original craving.
So annoying I know. I made myself a list of snacks that are both appealing to me (i.e. will be enough) as well as are under 200 calories.
Healthy Snacks Under 100 Calories
If you’re a serious calorie counter always be sure to double check the nutritional info on the items you buy since the numbers can vary between brands. Here are some of my favorite healthy snacks (note some are only good options if you stick to the recommended serving size).
Savory Snack Ideas Under 100 Calories
If you are feeling like something salty these are great snacks to reach for that won’t kill your diet.
- String Cheese (I recently discovered Trader Joe’s Fresh mozzarella Sticks…SO good)
- Baby Carrots
- Soft (or hard) Boiled Egg with salt
- Sugar Snap Peas (3/4 C is only 35 calories)
- Veggies with Yogurt dip (I use 0% greek yogurt to make yummy dips 15 carrots and 1 TBS dip is about 100 cal but other veggies like raw broccoli, cauliflower and snap peas are good too)
- 1/2 Cup Fat Free Cottage Cheese
- 14 large Cocktail Shrimp (or 8 large cocktail shrimp with 1 tbs sauce)
Sweet Snack Ideas Under 100 Calories
I usually am all about the salt but I know sometimes the sugar bug gets me and I have lots of friends that just need something sweet. These sweet treats are all under 100 calories so if you feel the need for something sweeter reach for one of these.
- 2-3 Clementines
- 2 Chocolate Covered Strawberries small to medium
- 4 Hersey Kisses (I like Cherry Cordial ones)
- One See’s Truffle
- 1 Square Ghiradelli Chocolate (I love raspberry filled dark and peppermint bark)
- 1 Peach
- Nature Valley Granola Thins (love the dark chocolate PB ones)
- 1 half English Muffin with 1 TBS Peanut Butter
- 1 Cup Berries
- 1 Cup Grapes (fresh or frozen)
- Fat Free Pudding pack
- Sugar Free Jell-o
So now you can feel comfortable getting something you know will satisfy.
Healthy Snacks Between 100 to 200 Calories
Sometimes the 100 calorie snacks won’t cut it for me so I put together a list of 200 calorie snacks that make my tastes buds and brain happy but won’t throw things completely off.
These are probably better to keep to a minimum but it’s better than totally going overboard.
Salty 200 Calorie Snacks
My weakness is chips. Hands down chips and fries are my favorites but when I’m trying to eat healthy I have learned that completely denying myself doesn’t work. Here are a bunch of 200 calorie savory snack ideas that will hopefully keep you on track.
- 1 oz Potato Chips (measure it out in a separate bag or buy single serving bags)
- 15 Pita Chips
- 25 Cheese-Its
- 17 pieces mixed nuts
- 1 slice of Cheese and 5 Slices Salami (one of my recent favs)
- Corn on the Cob with a pat of butter
- Veggie and hummus or white bean dip
- 1 slice of Cheese and 6 crackers
- 55 Goldfish
- 1 medium Baked Potato with 0% Greek Yogurt
- 1 1/2 Cup Edamame in Pods with sea salt
- 15 Tortilla Chips and 2 TBS salsa
- 3 Cups Popcorn (air popped) and 1 TBS butter
- 3 Beef Taquitos
Sweet 200 Calorie Snacks
And for those times you need a little more sweetness here are 200 calorie sweet snacks to reach for before you end up breaking down and pillaging the kids’ candy stash.
- 1 Chocolate Cookie and cup of Milk (I keep a tub of tollhouse dough so I can cook one at a time)
- Apple with 1 TBS caramel dip
- Fruit or Green Smoothie here are my favorite green smoothie recipes
- 1 slice Angel Food Cake, 2 TBS fat free Cool Whip and 1/2 Cup Strawberries
- Apple and 1 Slice Cheese
- Banana (medium) and 1 slice cheese (sounds weird but it’s yummy)
- Apple Chips (check the portion of the brand you buy)
What are some of YOUR favorite snack ideas? I would love to add more that you recommend!
You May Also Like:
My trick to how to professionally hem knits on a regular sewing machine.
BEST Crock Pot Corned Beef Roast recipe.