It’s time again to join Jamie from The Perpetual Page Turner in an end of year book survey. I did this last year and it was a lot of fun. I love looking back on all the books that I’ve read. I’ve written reviews for all of these (except for a few that I finished in the last week or so but those will come soon). So if there’s something you’d like to know more about check out my “read page” on my goodreads! Also I think I’ll be able to hit my goal of 100 books. Well I’ll at least be super super close. So here’s what 2013 looked like book wise.
1.Best Book You Read In 2013 by genre?
- Contemporary YA – The Sea of Tranquility
- Dystopian/Post-Apocalyptic – Dualed
- Historical Fiction – Dark Triumph
- Paranormal – Clockwork Princess
- Science Fiction – Parallel
- Fantasy – Siege and Storm and Crown of Midnight
- Fairy Tale – The Princess in the Opal Mask
2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going to Love More But Didn’t?
3. Most Surprising (in a good way!) book of 2013?
- Hideous Love – Not the type of book I normally read, not the type of character I normally relate to, but still totally fascinating.
4. Book you read in 2013 that you recommended to people most in 2013?
- Parallel by Lauren Miller – I here by decree this as my favorite book of the year. Yup I picked a favorite.
5. Best Series You Discovered in 2013?
6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2013?
7. Best book that was out of your comfort zone or was a new genre for you?
- Eat to Live – I used to read a lot of self-help but I just don’t now a days but this was a great read. I don’t buy into it all but definitely some good ideas to strive for healthier eating.
8. Most thrilling, unputdownable book in 2013?
- The Program – Super good interesting spin on a dystopian world, I can’t wait for the next book.
9. Book you read in 2013 that you are most likely to re-read next year?
10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2013?
11. Most memorable character in 2013?
- Jaron from the Ascendance Trilogy – He’s such a thoughtful good guy without being a goodie goodie you just can’t help but fall in love and root for him.
12. Most beautifully written book read in 2013?
- Nothing is popping to mind but so many of the felt like the words just flew off the page.
13. Book that had the greatest impact on you in 2013?
- Pretty Girl-13 – Such an interesting book. So different than anything I normally read but it was fantastic!
14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2013 to finally read?
15. Favorite passage/quote from a book you read in 2013?
- I didn’t do a good job writing down quotes this year but there were definitely some great ones!
16. Shortest & longest book you read in 2013?
17. Book that had a scene in it that had you reeling and dying to talk to somebody about it?
- Too many to list
18. Favorite relationship from a book you read in 2013.
- The friendship between the moms and the moms and the kids in the Summer series
19. Favorite book you read in 2013 from an author you’ve read previously.
- Most of the books in this category were great the stand outs were The Princess in the Opal Mask, Scarlet, The Crown of Midnight, The Bitter Kingdom, and Dark Triumph
20. Best book you read in 2013 that you read based SOLELY on a recommendation from somebody else.
- I Hunt Killers – I had no idea what this was about silly I know since the title is kind of obvious but for some reason I thought it was chick flick-y. Nope it’s a YA serial killer crime thriller and it was fantastic.
21. Genre you read the most from in 2013.
- YA Fantasy/Paranormal/Sci-fi
22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2013.
23. Best 2013 debut you read.
- The Ward – I really loved this book!
24. Most vivid world/imagery in a book you read in 2013.
- Throne of Midnight
25. Book that was the most fun to read in 2013.
- Transparent – Such a great spin on kids with super powers!
26. Book that made you cry or nearly cry in 2013.
- Clockwork Princess – Crying crazy tears of happiness
27. Book you read in 2013 that you think got overlooked this year or when it came out.
- Pivot Point – This was really really good it’s a great contemporary meets super powers with a very fascinating intricate (but not confusing) plot.
28. Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)
- All the signings were great but Robin LeFevers really stole my heart.
29. Most popular bookish blog post of the year.
- Shatter Me/Unravel Me Necklace Tutorial was a hit and can I just say that the marriage of authors Ransom Riggs and Tahereh Mafi might be one of my favorite bits of news this year!
30. Book you’re most anticipating for 2014.
- City of Heavenly Fire (Mortal Instruments book 6)
31. Series ending you are most anticipating in 2014.