This is one of my favorite non-chocolate desserts. It’s fresh and tart and when you serve it with some good vanilla ice cream its the perfect combination. I also made a vegan version of this and it turned out really yummy. I’ve put the vegan substitutes in the parentheses. I used if you’ve got some vegan folk to feed.
What You Need
- 2 packs of frozen berries (I use the small/regular sized packs)
- 1/2 C flour
- 1 C sugar
- 2 eggs (or equivalent of EnerG)
- 1/2 C sour cream (or Toffuti sour supreme)
- pinch salt
- 1/ C sugar
- 3/4 C flour
- 1/3 C chilled butter cubed (or Earth Balance)
What To Do
- Pour thawed berries into a pie dish (I’ve used mostly frozen berries also and it was fine)
- Combine second group of ingredients (sugar, eggs, sour cream and salt). Pour over the berries.
- Combine thrird group of ingredients. You maybe tempted to add more butter, don’t I might even suggest using less. Sprinkle onto of the cream mixture. Spray with spray oil.
- Bake at 350 at 60 minutes (sometimes it take a little longer and if it’s not browning on top you can broil it but keep a close eye since it will burn quick).
- Let rest for 5-10 minutes (longer is fine too). Serve warm with ice cream.