This is one of my go to recipes for busy weeknights. I love how convenient this creamy bacon clam fettuccine recipe is. It’s one of those recipes that you normally have the ingredients on hand. It tastes better than most things you’d get at a restaurant and it’s a super fast recipe to whip up. I made it for years before we became spoiled snobby fresh pasta babies but if you want to take a gander of making this with fresh past I’m telling you, you won’t be sorry. I make a ton of fresh past and freeze it in bundles for quick meals. Here’s my light wheat pasta recipe.
Creamy Bacon Clam Fettucine
- 2-4 strips bacon (just up to your own tastes I’ve done it both ways)
- 1 TBS butter (if needed)
- 1 can chopped clams and juices
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 C heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 C Parmesan cheese
- salt if needed (I usually don’t need to add salt)
- 4 basil leaves chopped (and/or up to 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning)
- 4 oz cooked pasta
- Cook bacon set aside and reserve drippings. You want about 1TBS of grease (use the bacon drippings for extra tastiness and add butter if it’s not quite enough)
- Saute garlic in bacon drippings.
- Add clams and juices from can. Cook for a few minutes to heat clams through and thicken the sauce a little.
- Add cream, cheese, and pepper. Stiring until melted and well combined.
- Turn off heat and add herbs.
- Toss in pasta and bacon and serve. Make sure to lick the dishes clean.