I’ve been wanting to make this headband for a while. I had the idea of it in my head but hadn’t gotten around to it.
Luckily my friend Laurel wanted to have a headband making day so voila. I LOVE IT.
It’s so easy all you need is
- head band (you can use a traditional one but I’m obsessed with the elastic ones because they are so comfy)
- loose sequence
- tacky glue (make sure it works with fabric, the clear one does not I recommend the kind in my photo)
What to do
- Cut out a heart template. Hold it up to your head in a mirror to make sure you like the size.
- Cut your felt out in your heart shape (of course you can do any other shape you want too, I may have to do a star next!)
- Stand in front of the mirror with the head band on and hold the felt up to your head/headband to see what position you want. mark it in some way so you know where you want to sew or glue so it sits right when it’s on your head. A fabric marker or pin should work.
- Attach your felt to your head band. I sew mine on with a three step zig zag but if you have a heard headband you should be able to glue it on
- Start gluing the sequence by adding glue to a small section (like an inch) and individually placing sequence.
- Repeat, trying not to become too annoyed at how long it’s taking or that your fingers keep sticking to each other and everything else because it’ll be worth it.
- Let dry.
- Wear your headband with pride.
You May Also Like:
My trick to how to professionally hem knits on a regular sewing machine.
BEST Crock Pot Corned Beef Roast recipe.
Hands down the BEST and easiest appetizer ever.
As always I’d love to see pictures if you use my tute :)
I’m entering the Valentine’s day challenge at CSI.
JOIN THE COOL KIDS
Get quick and easy recipes + crafts straight to your inbox!
Darling Headband! I Love it! I will have to try this.
Jayna Rae says
jana maru says
Great idea! I love all the headbands you’ve been coming up with lately. You do know they are called sequins, though, right? Sorry, I didn’t want to correct you, I just want your stuff to be able to show up in searches, you know?
thanks jana I thought it looked weird but got distracted before I could look it up.
Super, super cute!
Krafty Kat says
That’s so cute! I still need to try your cinnaburst bread, but I can’t find cinnamon chips anywhere! Was it just a seasonal item?
Maria Gridley says
This is soooo cute!
You should try sequin string! Its much easier! I just made a sequin butterfly hair clip for my daughter, took me like 5 min to create, using the sequin string! :)
You can see the post here:
This is adorable. I may have to try making one of these. Did you use hot glue?
super cute! I can’t wait to try it.
Maria the butterfly is adorable, I was planning on using the sequence string stuff but I thought it was kinda pricey when I saw it in the store but that is definitely a faster route.
jandj I used tacky glue, don’t try it with hot glue you have to handle it too much and you’ll totally burn your fingers off
And now I am obsessed with headbands – I even bought a low heat glue gun (only $2.99). Made one with my niece and she got to design it and choose fabric – and it was so fast fast fast!!!
Kimbo West @ a girl and a glue gun says
this is adorable! would love to have you link them up at my hair crap party
Stephanie Lynn @Under the Table and Dreaming says
Marrisa, How festive and fun! Loving the sequins too. Thanks so much for linking to the Sunday Showcase; I greatly appreciate it. Hope you had a wonderful weekend. I’ll be featuring this today. ~ Stephanie Lynn
Just wanted to let you know how great this looks! I bought one similar back in the fall at forever 21 and urs looks exactly the same. Great quality!
Lovely!! Thanks so much for linking up :)
Great idea! I may have to make matching mom/daughter ones for V-Day!
SO pretty! I’m going to try this. :)
This is so great. I am going to make one of these pronto!!
Krafty Kat says
So glad you linked this up!
This is adorable! I am so making one or maybe more of these!
Thanks for linking up to Making It With Allie! I can’t wait to see what you have for next week!
To Sew With Love says
what a cute project!
thanks for sharing and linking up at our crafty saturday party! can’t wait to see what you have in store this week!
Soo adorable! Love that it is such a simple design and made from items I would normally have! Thanks for sharing with the Pink Hippo Party!
Pretty and simple! Love it! Thanks for linking up to Mad Skills Monday!
Brooke Douglass says
Love your heart head band!!! I am your newest follower. I hope you come over to my blog and follow too! Thank u brooke
Girl Boy Girl Inspired
Krafty Kat says
Featured this tonight! Stop by and grab a featured button if you like and would love for you to link up again this week!
This couldn’t be more awesome!!
leslie @ a little bit frou frou says
I used your tutorial to make a similar headband- I blogged about it, the post is here: http://alittlebitfroufrou.blogspot.com/2011/02/happy-headbands.html
Thanks for a great idea- I’m wearing mine today :)
Chic Homeschool Mama says
Oh- my daughters would love that. I think I must make one now
Kindred Spirit says
What a sweet headband, & nice shot of yourself as well!! :)
So cute headband. love it, thanks for sharing