Witches, Casters, Magic Users. Ghosts, Spirits, Shades. I don’t care what you call them, there is something so fun about a good witch or ghost read.
To get in the mood for Halloween I thought I would round up 10 of my favorite witch and ghost reads. But don’t be fooled these stories aren’t just for Halloween because these aren’t your typical witches and undead. Some of these ladies (and gents) are book nerds that hang out with vampires, others are warrior queens and most of them aren’t even on the wicked end of the good/bad spectrum. These stories are so varied and fun you will soon find yourselves under their spells!
Debra from Housewife Eclectic and went live on the FAN GIRL CRAFTS Facebook page talking through these awesome books to get you in the mood for Halloween. Watch the replay below to hear exactly WHY I love each of these witch and ghost books . Also you can click on the each of the book titles to take you to Amazon and read the official descriptions and what others thought about these books!
Wonderful Witch Reads
- Trial By Fire by Josephine Angelini (Worldwalker series)
- Beautiful Creatures by Margaret Stohl and Kami Garcia (Beautiful Creatures series)
- Spellcaster by Claudia Gray (Spellcaster series)
- Bloodlines by Richelle Mead (Bloodlines series)
- Fairest by Marissa Meyer (The Lunar Chronicles)
- The Bane Chronicles by Cassandra Clare (The Bane Chronicles)
- Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins (Hex Hall series)
- Throne of Glass series by Sarah J. Maas (the witches don’t come into the books until book 3 Heir of Fire but the whole series is great and you do need to start from the beginning)
- Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling
- Die For Me by Amy Plumb (Revenant series)
- The Raven Boys by Maggie Steifvater (The Raven Cycle)
- Strands of Bronze and Gold by Jane Nickerson
- The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman
- Invisibility by Andrea Cremer and Daven Levithan
And don’t forget to check out Debra’s creepy book list perfect for Halloween!
You also might like: