Super Hero Cape Shirt Tutorial
- Shirt or Onesie
- Fabric (enough to extend past the shoulders and reach to the mid back) For the 24 m onesie I used a piece of fabric 10 inches by 15 inches)
- Iron-on Vinyl
- 2 buttons
- Start by cutting out your vinyl. I found this circular Batman sign on Cricut Craft Room. I just stretched it to make it more like the traditional emblem.
- Then I cut it out of iron-on vinyl. If you've never used iron-on vinyl before check out my post on how to use iron-on vinyl.
- Once you have your cut outs you can remove the negative space and position them on the shirt and iron.
- Cut your cape fabric and finish the edges. I just sewed a rolled edge on my serger but you could also just take a narrow hem.
- Next I pleated the two top edges so that it would come in towards the shoulder.
- Stitch a line around the pleats to hold them in place.
- On the second pleat mark your button-hole and sew.
- Sew your buttons onto your shoulders and attach your cape.
Let’s connect! You can also find me hanging out here.