Don’t think it’s too late to start an advent calendar. If you get it made up this weekend you still have three weeks of fun with it to build up the excitement for Christmas.
My friend told me today that every year she prints up pictures and memories from the year to put in her advent calendar. As they count down the days they are able to reflect on the year and fun memories.
Plus when Christmas is done everything is printed and written out and can easily be put into a scrapbook. Cool right? I’ve heard of lots of neat ideas. Obviously food, fun family activities, parts of the Christmas story, ornaments and more. I love all the options.
Let me know in the comments if you’ve seen some other cool ones or if you have other good ideas for counting down to Christmas!
- The True Story of Christmas – Find a full list of Bible verses and related nick nacks to fill any advent calendar base over at Sweeter than Sweet
- Reindeer Count Down – Such a cute idea and would be fun to make with the kiddos from Balancing Home.
- Paper Packages – I love the idea of just wrapping up gifts of different shapes and sizes. This is from flickr user Carambatac.
- Envelope Garland – This is from Kristy from 365 Days of Pinterest. Yes she’s making daily projects from pinterest awesome right?
- Baby Socks – I love how this looks like a bunch of stockings but they’re really just baby socks. Cute right? Of course it’s from Martha Stewart.
- Framed Boxes – A bunch of tin boxes on a frame clever right? She also added some yarn to fill up the frame with a clip and she switches out pictures and drawings. So fun.
- Remodeled Store Bought Calendar – Analise from Sugar Sugar totally revamped a primary color advent calendar. I love this idea since you see so many awesome shapes but they either are cheesey colors or don’t go with your Christmas scheme. Brilliant right?
- Snowing Packages – I love the tiny packages falling like snow. See the whole tutorial from Pickles.
Also my link party from this week is still up if you haven’t added anything to it yet ;) I try and get most of the projects I feature from my link parties and I’d love for you to submit anything you’re proud of (doesn’t matter how old or how many).
You also may like:
Classic thumb print cookie recipe plus TONS of other awesome cookies exchange recipes!
Make a cute Cork Rudolf Ornament!
Make this easy spinach artichoke dip recipe next time you have a gathering or just feel like some comfort good. It’s so good.
This is the best green bean casserole recipe! Trust me. So good