- Lay the short sleeve shirt on top of the long sleeve top. Measure about 1/2 inch further out from the edge of the short sleeve top and cut the sleeve. This is assuming you're working with a knit top. If you are working with a non-stretchy fabric you might want to do 1 full inch so that you have room to finish the edge or roll it under twice so it doesn't fray.
- Fold your long sleeve shirt in have length wise so you can light up the cut sleeve with the remaining long sleeve.
- Trim the second sleeve so it it the same length as the first.
- Iron under the edge of each sleeve 1/2 inch.
- Hem the sleeves. My favorite way to hem knits is by using a twin needle with wooly nylon thread in the bobbin and regular thread in the needles. If you're not familiar with this technique check out my guide to hemming knits post.
- Marvel at your now weather appropriate garment!
You also might like:Cheater Gathering this trick is a game changer! Super delicious and easy spinach artichoke
Let’s connect! You can also find me hanging out here.