It took me 3 times making this Cheesecake Brownies Recipe to get the final pictures for this blog post. The problem is that I freaking LOVE these brownies. I mean they are so stinking good that I would make them up fully intending to snap some pictures so that I could share the yumminess with you but alas I kept gobbling them up myself before I could take decent pictures.
Don’t be deterred by the steps and different parts. It looks like an involved recipe but it honestly doesn’t take much more effort that putting together a boxed mix and it’s SO much yummier. Just try it one time and decide for yourself.
Cheesecake Brownies Recipe
- 1/2 C salted butter,
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2/3 C flour
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Melt butter and chocolate. An easy way to do this is by using a metal bowl over a pot of boiling water double boiler style.
- Once melted remove from heat and whisk in sugar, eggs, and vanilla.
- Whisk in flour until well combined.
- Pour into an 8 or 9 inch baking pan.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 C sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- Whisk cream cheese, sugar, egg yolk, and vanilla until well combined.
- Add spoonfuls of the mixture to the pan on top of the brownie mixture.
- Marble by swirling with a knife.
- Top with mini chocolate chips.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes until center is set.
adapted from Smitten Kitchen
Not that you’ll need to but if you want to you can freeze and they reheat wonderfully. I pre-proportioned and froze my last batch and when I feel like a little chocolate fix I’ll zap one for 30 second and I have a super yummy treat without the temptation of an entire pan of brownies.
You also might like:
Let’s connect! You can also find me hanging out here.