I had a previously version of Shepherd’s Pie made with with some Campbell’s soups. Unfortunately they are no longer available but just in the off chance someone still wanted that recipe and wanted to come up with a swap for the discontinued ingredients I’m leaving this here. I have since updated this post with MY family recipe which appears above!
- 1 lbs. ground beef
- Campbell’s Soups for Easy Cooking Savory Portobello Mushroom (discontinued but you could use 1 cup cream sauce)
- 2-3 medium carrots
- 4 medium potatoes
- Campbell’s Soups for Easy Cooking Creamy Herb & Garlic with Chicken Stock (discontinued but you could use 1 C cream sauce or sour cream)
- 1 can corn, drained
- 1/2 C milk, warmed
- 1/4 C grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the potatoes into cubes and boil until tender to a fork.
- In a separate skillet while the potatoes are cooking chop the carrots into bite sized pieces and cook with the ground beef until beef is browned.
- Add in Savory Portobello Mushroom soup and simmer until carrots are tender to a fork. Taste and add any salt and pepper if you want. Set aside.
- Once the potatoes are cooked drain the water and then add the potatoes back to the pot. Add 1/2 a carton of Creamy Herb and Garlic with Chicken Stock to your potatoes as well as the milk. Mash together. Taste and add in more milk, soup, or salt and pepper to your desired texture and flavor.
- Pour your beef mixture into an oven proof dish (I like to use a 8×8 glass casserole dish or a bread pan).
- Next pour your corn on top of the beef layer.
- Spoon your potatoes on top of the corn.
- Finally sprinkle generously with Parmesan cheese.
- Broil until the cheese layer is golden brown. Serve with pride.
originally published 3/13/2015