I’ve been trying so hard to get everything in order before Toasty comes. I can’t believe I’m already 37 weeks. Like they don’t worry at all if I go into labor any more 37 weeks. It has gone fast! I’ve always struggled with breakfast but as I’ve been trying to use all my time and energy to it’s fullest I keep finding myself looking at the clock and it being 1 pm and I’ve only had juice. I really need some easy and satisfying breakfast options.
I’ve tried Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwiches before and liked them ok so I was intrigue when I was given the chance to test out the Jimmy Dean Meat Lovers Breakfast Bowls. I’m not going to lie I was a little wary about the microwavable nature of it all and eggs to boot but I went into it with an open mind and I can honestly say I really like these. Like, I’ve already returned to Walmart and picked up 3 more boxes after finishing my trial one liked it.
It’s quite a generous portion size. A whole bowl is a bit more than I can finish and I eat more than most of my friends. My favorite way to have it is to put half of it in a tortilla with some avocado and a side of fruit. It’s the perfect amount and I can have it ready to eat super fast. I just throw the left overs in a ziplock bag for another day. I get two meals and most importantly I’m not ravenous and eating cookies and anything in site at 2pm when i realize I’m starving.
And for a wee prego update since it’s been a few weeks. Here’s a sneak peek at our maternity photo shoot that my good friend Debra of Joyous Moments Photography did. I’ll be sharing more pics later this week :)
- I’ve been going to weekly appointments and everything seems good and on target.
- I’ve been eating less (as I mentioned) forgetting breakfast (hopefully that will change now) and then just feeling full faster. Plus I think I’ve got some heart burn going on so maybe we’ll have a baby with some hair! Even so, somehow I’m still gaining lots of weight. The doctor keeps calling it water weight ummm okay let’s hope I guess.
- My showers are over and we’ve bought the last of the stuff we for sure want before Toasty is here. It’s really weird to see baby gear all around our house. I did my first of what I’m sure will be many many loads of baby laundry.
- With the help of a friend and MANY hours my upstairs (the studio and bedroom area, basically where I spend 90% of my home time) has been totally reorganized and sorted and room has been made for Toasty both in my work area and in the ginormous closet (it has a window, it’s totally and upgrade from what Harry Potter lived in).
- Toasty is still a crazy moving machine. He loves to camp out right under my ribs. I don’t believe the whole “they slow down” near the end thing.
- I didn’t think it was possible but I feel even hotter. I’ve been outside in a t-shirt and waking up crazy hot at night needless to say sleep has been crummy.
- My doctor is out of town the next two weekends so I’m hoping and praying Toasty does not decide to come on one of the days he’s gone.
- I’ve been getting really anxious about recognizing that I’m in labor. Everyone says “oh you’ll know” but I have a crazy high pain tolerance. You know when you say I hope it isn’t broken and everyone says “you’d know if you had a broken bone” well I’ve had at least 3 broken bones that I didn’t know were broken until one I went in 2 weeks later because the bruising didn’t go down and two when I had X-rays for other things and the doctor asked when I broke it before since he saw a healed break (umm yeah I didn’t know it was broken before). So if you have any non-pain related descriptions of labor and contractions I’d love to hear them.
- But most of all we are all getting so excited to meet this little guy. It’s really fun to see Daniel get more and more excited every day!
Thanks so much for Jimmy Dean for sponsoring this post and helping me get back on the breakfast wagon. I am definitely a new fan of the Jimmy Dean Meat Lovers Breakfast Bowls. Make sure to check out facebook, pinterest, twitter, and instagram!
Let’s connect! You can also find me hanging out here.