Since before I was married my hubby has raved about Jana’s guacamole. He reported times where she’d make the boys a batch and he’d eat it all up. Every guac was compared to hers and nothing was good enough. Well a couple months ago when she was extremely pregnant he called her up and asked her to teach me the secrets of the guac. We went over with all the ingredients and now I can say with confidence that I too can make the best guacamole I have ever tasted. I’m not a chunky veggie girl but I love this. Now I will share the recipe with you. It sounds basic but it’s delicious. You do need to taste as you go to see if you want more of anything but here is the base recipe adjust it to your liking.
- 2 small roma tomatoes
- 1 jalapeno
- (roast these, basically stick them on a skillet and burn them on all sides, set aside to cool)
- 1/4 red onion
- Chop onion, tomatoes and jalepeno very fine. (you can do bigger pieces if you like it chunky) Set aside.
- 3 avocados
- 1/4 tsp garlic
- 1 TBS lime juice (adjust this to your taste)
- 1-2 tsp veganese or sour cream or plain yogurt
- (mashed into whatever bowl you want to use)
Add tomatoes and onions and 1/2 of the jalapeno to the avocado mixture.
Mix it all up. Salt to taste. Add more of the jalapeno if you want more kick (after you taste it).
Some times I add hot sauce, cilantro, and some onion powder. But this is one of those things where I add the ingredients in increments and taste and adjust. Do roast the veggies it makes all the difference.
Enjoy. (I know it looks like regular old guac but everywhere I’ve taken it people have gobbled it up fast, I think the roasting and creamy stuff make all the difference)