Once upon a time I signed up for a homemade ornament gift exchange and I sent her a melted Utah Snowman. It is still one of my favorite ornaments I’ve ever made. I’m still so thrilled at how it turned out almost 10 years later.
Awesome Homemade Ornament Tutorials
I’m kind of a DIY Christmas ornament junkie. Here are some of my other favorites you might be interested in.
- Personalized Snow Globe Ornament
- Photo Collage Ornament
- Rudolf Reindeer Ornament
- Melted Snowman Ornament
- Glazed Photo Ornament
- Marble Painted Ornament
- Joy Wood Slice Ornament
- Glitter Stenciled Ornament
- Book Page Ornament
- I Spy Ornament
Melted Snowman Supplies
Some of these supplies I was kind of lucky to find I know. But if you can’t get your hands on them all of them just skip that one or get creative and do something else.
I am linking options on Amazon but many of these things you can find cheaper at the dollar store or your local craft store.
- beads for eyes
- orange foam sheet (or scrap of fabric) for nose
- tiny glasses (I found these in the doll making section of the craft store)
- scrap of fabric for the scarf
- glitter glue
- skinny tweezers
- ribbon and tag
- clear ornament bulbs
- twig-ish things for the arms (I found chicken feet and cut them and thought they worked well)
If you can find these it would be cool.
- mini hat (mine wouldn’t fit through the hole of the bulb hole)
- mini pipe
How to make it a Melted Snowman Christmas Ornament
These are so easy. They would be fun enough to do at a little make and take with the girls or help the kiddos to make these to send to family far away.
- Squeeze some glitter glue in, spread it with a Q-tip if it needs some help. Make sure not to make too deep of a pile or your snow man pieces will just sink. You want them to be nice and visible and on the top.
- Use tweezers and carefully place everything where you want them
- Attach a tag with a ribbon
- Let dry
You also may like:
Classic thumb print cookie recipe plus TONS of other awesome cookies exchange recipes!
Make a cute Cork Rudolf Ornament!
Make this easy spinach artichoke dip recipe next time you have a gathering or just feel like some comfort good. It’s so good.
This is the best green bean casserole recipe! Trust me. So good.