I get asked for book recommendations All.The.Time. And I love it. I never get tired of talking books. But most people just don’t have (or more likely make) time to read much so often times I end up recommending the same books over and over. If you’re only going to read a few books here are the ones I would say to hit first.
Just do it my favorite books they will leave you changed for the better!
- Ender’s Game, Ender’s Shadow and the whole Shadow series – leadership, friendship, human goodness
- Divergent – critical thinking, figuring out who you are, challenging what you’ve always been told
- The Night Circus – imagination, celebrating the process,
- The Girl of Fire and Thorn Series – perseverance, unexpected strength, growing up
- The Graceling Series – being honest to yourself, working through your shortcomings
Stories of survivors, identity
- Airman – making the best out of what you have, hope
- Grave Mercy (and Dark Triumph forthcoming) – making a new life, questioning your world, being strong for yourself and others
- Throne of Glass – forgiving yourself for your past, making yourself better
They may be teeny-boopery but they are entertainment at it’s best!
- The Mortal Instrument and Infernal Devices books – true friendship, identity
- Vampire Academy and Bloodlines series – action, romance, growing up
And I’m just assuming you’ve already read Harry Potter and The Hunger Games. If not definitely those too!
Linking up to The Broke and the Bookish. Those of you visiting from B&B I’d love to invite you to link up your TTT posts and any other posts you want to share to my What We Wore, Read, and Made Link Party.