I am a huge resolutions person. I’m a goal setter and list maker. I like to make plans but this year as I sit down to write my goals post I find that I’ve got a wiggly boy in my belly and all I know is that he’s going to be changing my life in so many ways. I find myself just excited to learn what’s next. So this year instead of a bunch of concrete goals I think I want to focus on learning. Learning what life is like as a mother, learning more sewing skills as I do my monthly Sew Our Stash projects, learning how I want the business to look with a kiddo of my own, learning how to improve my cooking, and general learning (like getting into a good Bible reading routine and reading a few non-fiction books).
Necklace from Delicate Industry on Etsy I love it SOOOO much!
It’s been a while so I thought I’d do a little pregnancy update. I am now 32 weeks. And I feel like it has completely flown by. This baby is going to be here SOON. We start our childbirth classes today. I’m a bit nervous. I’m normally a researcher but I have done minimal reading and looking things up (I think it’s a combo of being prego after loss and infertility as well as know so much of that material is fear mongering). Plus I’m older and have know a lot of people to give birth and have babies so I don’t feel completely ignorant about what’s in store but I know we’re going to get a lot of info and it’s going to become even more real. I think it’ll be fun to see how Daniel reacts to all the stuff ;)
- feeling more tired. My energy is just lower in the last few weeks, which I hear is normal.
- sleeping a lot more. I’m having a harder time getting to sleep and I think my quality of sleep is just a bit crummy so I’ve been “sleeping” a good 2-3 hours longer than I’m used to.
- feeling huge. I don’t know why I did it but I weighed myself the other day. That was dumb. Yeah they weigh me at the doctors but they do it so fast and usually I’m not paying attention.
- trying to get a bit more organized and make room for a new person.
- excited for my baby showers (my friends and sister have one planned and my mom and MIL also are doing one together). Registering was a bit overwhelming PS thanks to all of you who gave awesome advice on the Rae Gun facebook page when I asked about what to register for.
- thinking I want to do some pregnancy pictures but not sure where to do them in the middle of snowy winter here in SLC. Let me know if you have any ideas!
- getting ready to go on “maternity leave” I have set a cut off date for all made to order items in my shop (that’s pretty much most of my shop). I hope to have some ready to ship stuff listed after that but I’m not going to kill myself and I’m definitely going to take my time to get back into things after he’s here. So, if you think you might want anything from my shop for this Spring (birthday parties, baby showers, etc.) please order before Jan. 24th.
- a moving machine.
- he was doing some weird rhythmic thing that made be a bit nervous but my friends all thought it was probably hiccups which made sense.
- he flipped out like flailing like a crazy person when I went through the car wash during an exceptionally loud portion of it.
- just how he’s supposed to be according to the doctor.
- already spoiled. He’s got a big old pile of fabric (not cheap mind you) and a good sized couple of gift cards to a super cute baby boutique.
That’s all I can think of for now. I do tend to post more prego related pics and tidbits on Instagram and Facebook if you’re curious. And if you have any questions let me know. I am now a firm believer in pregnancy brain since I obviously can’t think of anything.