After having a tiny sample of Cheesecake Factory’s new Peppermint Bark Cheesecake I knew I needed to make my own version. I’ve always love those Ghirardelli peppermint bark squares so it was a natural fit. I decided on a chocolate chip cheesecake base with a mousse layer similar to my White Chocolate Blueberry Cheesecake recipe and topped it all with chopped up peppermint bark, candy canes and chocolate syrup. It was super yummy.
For the Crust
1 1/2 (about 1.5 C) packs of chocolate graham crackers (crushed)
1/3 C Margarine (melted)
3-8 oz pkgs Cream Cheese (room temp)
1 can Sweetened Condensed Milk
1/2 C Sugar
3 Tbls Lemon Juice
1 Tbl Vanilla
1 C Frozen Blueberries
1/4 C Sugar
1 tsp Cornstarch
For the Mousse and Topping
1-8 oz pkg Cream Cheese (room temp)
1-8oz pkg Cool Whip (thawed)
1/4 C sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 pieces peppermint bark (chopped)
2 mini candy canes (broken into bits)
- Break up the graham crackers (I like to stick them in a ziplock and mush).
- Melt the butter and mix with the graham cracker crumbs. Press them into a spring form pan.
- Beat the cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk until smooth.
- Add sugar, vanilla, lemon juice, and chocolate chips until well combined.
- Add eggs one by one until combined.
- Pour mixture into spring form pan.
- Bake in at 300F with steam for 1 hour and 15 minutes (until outside is set but inside is still jiggly). Heat a dish while preheating the oven and pour hot water in the dish when you stick the cheesecake in.
- Let cool in the oven with door closed for at least 2 hours
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours I think overnight is best, the texture and taste are much better when it’s colder
- Right before you’re ready to serve mix remaining pack of cream cheese, vanilla and sugar. Whip in cool whip to form the mousse.
- Spread mousse over cooled cheesecake and top with pieces of peppermint bar, candy canes, and chocolate syrup.
- Cut with a knife rinsed with hot water between each slice
If I were to do it again I’d probably make a ganache instead of just using ice cream topping chocolate syrup. But it was still really tasty. Let me know if you try it!